Strut tower braces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strut tower braces

I'm looking at a set of strut tower braces on ebay 1oo buks for frnt, rr, lower . Will there be a notable difference in my cars handling with them instaled?
    Better to have and not need , than to need and not have!
    Life is simple make choices and don't look back

MRT http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=173251

some bars are stronger than others, but yes, you can feel a difference. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

I noticed a significant difference with just a front strut brace. I was really surprised at how much flex the cb7 chassis has.

Comment

If they're cheap crap, they will flex. Those are no good.

The cheapest bars I would bother with would be those from Megan Racing.
        Also, the lower bar does absolutely nothing.

Comment

I second deev, don't get those ebay cheepos. I had a Megan bar for awhile and it was ok....switched to the Neuspeed bar and it is a HUGE improvement!

Performance order: Megan, Neuspeed, ESP.

The upper rear bar makes a noticeable difference also, Megan is a good enough quality for great strength here because the bracket is straight.

For the ultimate in the rear, get the ESP X-brace, heard nothing but positives about that setup.

The lower rear bar does next to nothing. Put it on if you like the extra weight and looks.
          My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Thanks alot guys ok so I should not get the full set off ebay for 1oo bucks not wortg it I like the nuespeed bar out of all the ones ive seen the y brace @ the strut towers I think looks very beefy ok so I'm going to hold off on the speedaddy bars on ebay !

Comment

Wise decision, the neuspeed bar pops up in the classifieds occasionally, you may want to search there before paying retail for it. You won't be disappointed either way, it is a GREAT piece.

When installing it you need to unbolt the shock mounts (both bolts) and lift the car up to where the spring/shock assembly has ALMOST dropped out of the bolt holes. Lay the bar on there and lower the car back down making sure the studs go through the strut bar. Let the weight back down on the suspension and roll the car forward and backwards a few times so the stress will settle out of the bushings and such and THEN tighten down on the strut bar.

Not the bar only attaches to one stud/bolt at the top hat and one anchor bolt at the upper control arm. You still need to remove both top hat bolts to let the assembly *almost* drop out. The bar fits TIGHT and may require a tiny bit of pulling, no big deal.
              My Member's Ride Thread

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

I bought some bars off of a member here a while back. The rear was a Megan and the front was an ebay bar. I really only wanted the rear but they were being sold as a set so I got both. I'm not sure how old the front ebay bar was but it had been bent about half an inch lol. After a little while of them having stress put on them they WILL bend which defeats the purpose of having them in the first place. It might take a little bit longer to save up money to get better strut towers bars but in the end it will be well worth it.

Comment

Thanks guys I never new the cb flexd that much that it would bend the bars in street duty

Comment

It'll bend cheaply made bars but with ESP, Nuespeed, Megan, Cusco or something similar you shouldn't have any problems.

Comment

I made my own. Works great.
                      wat?

Comment

The Neuspeed bar is available NEW directly from Neuspeed! Only black, but still on the website.

http://import.neuspeed.com/174/2/0/1...t-tie-bar.html
                        Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                        Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Originally posted by 4GAccordH22 View Post
                          The Neuspeed bar is available NEW directly from Neuspeed! Only black, but still on the website.

http://import.neuspeed.com/174/2/0/1...t-tie-bar.html
                          Yes they are $$$. Most used ones I've seen sell here on the forum for about $105 shipped.
                          My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

I bought my Neuspeed bar on Ebay for $65 new in package.

Best performance addition to my car I ever made. I was 10-15 MPH faster in my "test" turn on otherwise stock suspension. The improved turn-in and stability was excellent.

I have no experience with ESP products, but I can say I woudn't even consider recommending anything other than Neuspeed for the front bar.

I had a generic rear bar, and I feel like it did all of 0 for me.

Comment

Wasn't your stock suspension completely blown when we took it off, Mike?

The ESP front bar is very likely better than the Neuspeed bar, though most drivers would never push hard enough to see the difference. Most street tires would probably give out before chassis flex came into play with either bar. The front bar is by far the most significant. Other useful handling upgrades include front and rear sway bars (some people prefer to forgo the rear, as I believe it increases understeer...) and a traction bar (also available from ESP, very well made.)

Suspension is one thing that you DEFINITELY get what you pay for. However, don't buy more than you need. If you're not going to be racing on a track, you don't need a race-spec suspension. That will just make street driving rather unpleasant. I'm getting way ahead of things here, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X