Lowering!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowering!

Well just ordered. Koni Str.t shocks and Megan racing lowering springs. and i also ordered a Energy suspension Polyurethane bushing kit. It should all be here by friday. and hopefully on by sat any opinions on the bushing kit?

The bushing kit is good. Some of the bushings are a bitch and a half to get in. One technique is to freeze the bushings and the parts they're going in. It will make the rubber shrink so the old bits are easy to remove, and the new ones are easy to fit in.

Comment

You'll need a torch, hacksaw, and drill. Using a combination of the three you should be able to remove them without too much difficulty.
      My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Or you could get an old socket that fits the bushing's diameter, and use the socket with a c-clamp to press the bushings out. The cutting & burning method is pretty stressful on the steel.
        There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
          Or you could get an old socket that fits the bushing's diameter, and use the socket with a c-clamp to press the bushings out. The cutting & burning method is pretty stressful on the steel.
          That works too. You still have to use a hacksaw to cut a slot in the outer bushing sleeves so you can pull them out. The whole car is an all-day job for most.

Be advised the ES kit does not include any of your rear control arm bushings. Prothane makes a good kit for those and they made a huge difference, really tightened up the rear.
          My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Drill, saw, and air hammer.
            wat?

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
              That works too. You still have to use a hacksaw to cut a slot in the outer bushing sleeves so you can pull them out. The whole car is an all-day job for most.

Be advised the ES kit does not include any of your rear control arm bushings. Prothane makes a good kit for those and they made a huge difference, really tightened up the rear.
              Depends on how close the diameters are. I've done this before and the metal sleeve pressed out with it also.
              There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Does the ball joint/tie rod boots go over the stock black rubber boot? Or replaces it?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  The bushing kit is good. Some of the bushings are a bitch and a half to get in. One technique is to freeze the bushings and the parts they're going in. It will make the rubber shrink so the old bits are easy to remove, and the new ones are easy to fit in.
                  Yeah they are great...I use to have major high speed vibration no matter how much times I balance my wheels or change rotors...I installed Full Front suspension bushing and the steering wheel doesn't even move at any speed
                  New paint job and bumper 8/8/11
                  tsx retrofit
                  f22b dohc boosted
                  custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

Comment

iHope the megan racing lowering springs are better than their Coilover sleeves , Because they Suck Assss...

Good Luck

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

Comment

Yeah, Megan Racing's cheaper products are pretty crappy. I've heard good things about their full coilovers (though I'll never buy them)... The only thing by them that I have on my car, and the only thing that I will ever have on my car, is their strut bar.
                      I kinda wish their stuff was better, as my girlfriend's name is Megan.

Comment

I have the megan sleeves on my car for few months now. They have been fine. And I drive my car hard lol.
                        wat?

Comment

Originally posted by spade View Post
                          Does the ball joint/tie rod boots go over the stock black rubber boot? Or replaces it?
                          They replace them. Honestly, I don't see any benefit to running these boots... and they fit rather oddly. My friend installed them on his ball joints when he tore a boot (since he tore it while working on the car, the joint wasn't exposed to dirt, making a boot replacement something worth doing.)

Comment

Working...
                          X