coilover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coilover

mannnnnnnnnnnn i kno i asked this question before but DAMIT!!! i dont have money for 600 dollar springs and shocks right now. soooooooo if i get coilovers for about 1 or 2 months will i be fine till i get my skunk2s springs and shocks which i WILL get in 6 checks from now just want my dam car lowerd for now - also does anyone just have coilovers right now on there cb!? thanksss

just wait and do it right the first time.

id also suggest getting the neuspeed super cup kit as its a little bit better quality than the skunk2 stuff.

My Members Ride Thread
    Originally posted by deevergote
    You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

I've got ebay's coming right now...
      COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
        I've got ebay's coming right now...
        can you send me the link to the ones you just got im lookin at ones on ebay aswell

Comment

seems to me everyone is just throwing coilovers on, my freind on his civic coupe did it and paid 40 bucks off ebay

Comment

you get what you pay for just remember that.

and that is what i hate about owning a honda, everyone wants to cheap out on stuff. irritates the hell right out of me.

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Here's a good rule of thumb:

If the company selling the springs/coilover sleeves doesn't advertise or won't tell you the spring rates, don't buy them.

Also, most coilover sleeves are a fairly high spring rate. Your stock shocks will not last, the ride will become harsh, and the car will then be unsafe because your suspension is oscillating uncontrollably.
              There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

just buy cheap coilover sleaves from ebay your struts will be blown after about two months and the ride will suck but you can still make your car look good whatever you do DONT go on bumpy roads with blown struts its dangerious im sitting on stock blown struts now

Comment

Originally posted by 93blackcb7 View Post
                  just buy cheap coilover sleaves from ebay your struts will be blown after about two months and the ride will suck but you can still make your car look good whatever you do DONT go on bumpy roads with blown struts its dangerious im sitting on stock blown struts now
                  Look good on stock shocks? Bouncing all over the place isn't looking good. Not to mention if you have to stay away from bumps, that's pretty ridiculous in itself.

Just save your money and while you're saving, do more research so you can ensure that you're happy with your suspension decision.
                  There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                    Look good on stock shocks? Bouncing all over the place isn't looking good. Not to mention if you have to stay away from bumps, that's pretty ridiculous in itself.

Just save your money and while you're saving, do more research so you can ensure that you're happy with your suspension decision.
                    this

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

I love how $600 is too much to spend, yet you're SO desperate to lower your car that you're willing to risk your life by doing it wrong...

I really hope you don't kill anyone else when you crash.

Comment

well half of the people didnt even read what i posted in 2 MONTHS!! i will be getting new shocks and springs so whats the big deal for coilovers for 1 or 2 months??? would it be ok thats what i asked??? we have hondas not lamborghinis lol also would i be able to just put new shocks on and still use my coilovers?!
                        Last edited by problemva; 01-14-2011, 10:49 AM.

Comment

spend approximately 120 and get megan racing sleeves at least

Comment

i just dont go over 55 and ill be fine

Comment

want lower you car for cheap. go with dropzone coilovers
                              Turbo F22 Under Construction

Comment

Working...
                              X