lowering springs pic thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lowering springs pic thread

Figured I'd make this thread for my and others benifit.

Looking at getting some lowering springs. But not sure about which ones to get. I want a low drop but a nice ride quality as well. Post up pics of your cb with LOWERING SPRINGS. Not coilovers or sleeves. But lowering springs. Post a pic, the drop its rated at and what struts your running with them.

Mods, if this is unnecessary, please delete. I figured this would be better than going thru all the hundreds of MR threads up here.

All with OEM wheels, for better perspective.

Skunk 2 spring and struts:

Sprint Extreme springs / Tokico blue shocks:

Neuspeed Race springs / OEM shocks:

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

The Neuspeeds look like what I'm looking to get. You remember the ride quality?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
        The Neuspeeds look like what I'm looking to get. You remember the ride quality?
        The ride quality isn't determined by the springs alone. Josh and I both have/had neuspeed race springs. He had stock shocks, I have sp3 koni yellows. Both rides are very different.

What shocks are you going to run?
        There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
          Josh and I both have/had neuspeed race springs. He had stock shocks, I have sp3 koni yellows. Both rides are very different.
          Mine wasn't too bad, but it could have definitely been better with good shocks.

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

My car on Neuspeed Race spring, Koni Yellow SP3 shocks, bottom perch. 195/60/15 tires.

Comment

The ride quality isn't determined by the springs alone. Josh and I both have/had neuspeed race springs. He had stock shocks, I have sp3 koni yellows. Both rides are very different.

What shocks are you going to be running
              Not sure yet. Maybe Tokico Illuminas or even the Koni Yelllows. Doesn't matter right now tho. Kinda does and kinda doesn't. Lol. I'm asking for pics. No getting technical. All Im asking for is pics, what's struts they're running with them and how they liked the ride. What struts I'm plan on running doesn't matter.

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
              Mine wasn't too bad, but it could have definitely been better with good shocks.
              I'm sure it could have.

And mndude, thanks for the pic.

Comment

Not sure yet. Maybe Tokico Illuminas or even the Koni Yelllows. Doesn't matter right now tho. Kinda does and kinda doesn't. Lol. I'm asking for pics. No getting technical. All Im asking for is pics, what's struts they're running with them and how they liked the ride. What struts I'm plan on running doesn't matter.

I'm sure it could have.

And mndude, thanks for the pic.
                I don't understand how you can't get technical. You said you want to know how the ride is on various springs, but the ride depends on the shocks also.

The neuspeed race springs are what I think of as "borderline" street and race. They are the stiffest lowering spring for the CB7, yet are softer than many of the full coilover setups. It is a nice balance that has a good ride frequency, and is probably near the "too stiff" side for the street for some people, but I like it.

I really think the super cup kit is the best compromise of ride comfort and performance you can get for the CB7.

Comment

Stock struts with H and R springs
                  Crappy cell phone pics

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

I don't understand how you can't get technical. You said you want to know how the ride is on various springs, but the ride depends on the shocks also.

The neuspeed race springs are what I think of as "borderline" street and race. They are the stiffest lowering spring for the CB7, yet are softer than many of the full coilover setups. It is a nice balance that has a good ride frequency, and is probably near the "too stiff" side for the street for some people, but I like it.

I really think the super cup kit is the best compromise of ride comfort and performance you can get for the CB7.
                    That's being too technical. And I understand that the super cup is so win but people just starting of modding a cb aren't gonna have 800-900 to throw at suspension dude. It's a simple rule to the thread. State the type of lowering springs you have, post a pic, and let us know how the ride is. That's it. knowing what kind of struts I want to run is not needed.

Originally posted by cb7_tillidie View Post
                    Stock struts with H and R springs
                    Crappy cell phone pics

Thanks man. How does it ride? I put some H&R Springs on a friends cb before. Looked real good. I liked the drop too.

Comment

Figured I'd make this thread for my and others benifit.

Looking at getting some lowering springs. But not sure about which ones to get. I want a low drop but a nice ride quality as well. Post up pics of your cb with LOWERING SPRINGS. Not coilovers or sleeves. But lowering springs. Post a pic, the drop its rated at and what struts your running with them.

Mods, if this is unnecessary, please delete. I figured this would be better than going thru all the hundreds of MR threads up here.
                      If the struts you're going to run don't matter, then why did you say you want to know what shocks other people are running?

You said you want a nice ride quality too. SPRINGS ALONE DO NOT DETERMINE THIS.

I'm only trying to help you get the most for your money and not waste it, but I'll stop offering my advice and let you ride on something crappy like tein and tokico.

Comment

Tanabe springs on stock struts. I think it gave about a 2" drop after it settled.

Sitting on stock 15s

Sitting on 18s

Comment

off name lowering springs on stock struts
                          Last edited by 93blackcb7; 01-14-2011, 03:07 AM.

Comment

my sig has Tein lowering springs. mine are on stock shocks. they have about a 2" drop id say all around.

*Edited to add your sig picture, because this post could be absolutely useless if you change your sig to something else.
                            Last edited by JoshM; 01-14-2011, 10:35 AM.
                            COUPE K24

Comment

93black, that is absolutely horrible lighting for that photo. Can't see wheel gap or the ground with all the shadows.

Comment

Working...
                              X