Passenger side lower control arm removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passenger side lower control arm removal

I was working on my buddies 93 4 dr automatic and we were doing the lower control arm bushings. We decided to take it to a shop after the drivers side bushings failed to comply. I believe we could of burned them out but we were short on time anyways.

We found a shop to press them out but I had to remove the passenger side, But the bolt that goes through the lower control arm bushing (inner) to the subframe was hitting the transmission housing. I needed at least 1 more inch so that the bolt would come straight out.

I tried lifting the transmission with a jack and only got about less than an inch and I needed about 1.5 more inches for the transmission to be high enough to remove the bolt. I was going to remove the motor mount and try to lift but I feard that the transmission would hit the HIGH PRESSURE AC line which was only about 1 inch from the transmission.

So HOW THE F do you guys get that out? It seems that we talked to a few guys who have manual transmissions and got them out, perhaps autos and manuals have differnt housings.....I dont know. It was dissapointing.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Just did this on my wagon. If I remember correctly, if you disconnect everything else from the arm, including the ball joint, then you can swing the arm toward the rear of the car and the bolt will slip out without having to raise the transmission.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I had It almost all free aside from a frozen tension rod bolt. But even if j flex it out, how am I going to flex it back with the poly bushing that's Mich stiffer and bigger than OEM???
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Take the tranny mount completely off and shift the whole transmission forward with a pry bar while removing the bolt. The other mounts will flex enough for you to remove the bolt.
        My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
          Take the tranny mount completely off and shift the whole transmission forward with a pry bar while removing the bolt. The other mounts will flex enough for you to remove the bolt.
          shift it forward, I didnt think about that. But how the heck do you do that, I can lift it....

But WTF was honda thinking!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
          X