Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

kinda need urgent ideas regarding product..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kinda need urgent ideas regarding product..

i see the following add:

Neuspeed springs with Tokico blue shocks for sale. the springs are about a 2inch drop. had it on my car for 2 months. 80obo.

is it worth it? i am thinking a 2 inch drop is a lot.. and too much for me, what if i just picked up the tokico and buy some other spring set later on??

i dont want to drop so low i can't fit a jack underneaht.. im sorry if i seem like i didn't search, but i am making an effort, i did read that peopel should get shocks and springs together, not jsut drop because it'll screw up the struts. etc etc.

is it a good deal? and mostly how can i assure myself that the shocks are in good shape/springs?

*if i do pick up JUST the TOKICO blues, what spring set would drop about 1inch or so?

thanks.
    hahahahah

i guess they're used.

personally i woulndt buy anything used since you dont know how the person beat on the car. anywho if you want about one inch drop. eibach makes a set with 1.25 drop. performancecenter.com has suspension techniques, nuespeed springs with both 1 inch drop as well as others. the shcoks you mentioned are good with aftermarket springs. i personally run kyb agx, but there are many choices

Comment

true thanks.. money can be better spent... ya 2 inch is too much ..

i was thinking kyb + eibach and heard that's a good setup...

thanks.
      hahahahah

Comment

My opinion:

2 inch drops arent shit. 2.5 and 3 is the norm.

Used is good depending on age. I hate having to wait for springs to break in. Its nice that they are already settled.

JDMED

buy my jdm part
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

all my suspension setups have been used, and i got detaild info about how long they've been used and what they've been used for. pictures are a must when buying used.

if u dont want to drop too much, then get eibach prokits, 1.25" drop as listed above. but i warn ya, i went with eibach prokits, and they didnt drop enough. i know have skunk coilovers with ~2 finger gap all around. and yes, my hydralic jack does not fit, i have to use the OEM jack for the rear or front and then use the hydralic jack.
          91 4DR Accord LX White Auto
          Generic Mugen Lip
          Generic Intake
          EX 4-2-1 Header
          Dynomax Muffler
          Skunk2 Coilovers 560lb/in and Koni Yellows
          ST Rear Sway Bar
          17" Eagle Alloys/Kumho 711's

Comment

what cheapo bars, or whatever can i do that will be most effective.. im not looking for drastic like something for jsut cosmetics or a drop right now.. im looking for something like maybe strut bar, and sway/ i did a search and back browsing and didn't find much, i did find out something like the lower-tie was useless or something.

all i want and need is somethign that is effective and really works, i dont care bout brands...

btw car is a 90ex
            hahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by 4drcord
              My opinion:

2 inch drops arent shit. 2.5 and 3 is the norm.

Used is good depending on age. I hate having to wait for springs to break in. Its nice that they are already settled.
              I have about 2.5, but some of us can't be stunnAs and ride that low. I have enough problems as is.
              Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
              The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

wait till i get home to post my news pics with some tucking action

JDMED

buy my jdm part
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

where did u see that ad? im looking for a set just like it, tell me if u dont take it.

Comment

its someone near my place in hawaii.. guy seems like a jerk though, i mean i recognize his name, he don't bother to reply to the threads or pm at times.. but its okay..

*edited mindless rant*
                    haha
                    Last edited by FishyMan; 02-16-2005, 09:08 PM.
                    hahahahah

Comment

um someone tell me what he is saying here?

Comment

Sorry about that.

The classified you were asking about? That ad is from a guy here in hawaii (where i live). So that's all I meant to really say. Yet, I tried to get in touch with him and he hasn't really PMed back or messaged back. So it could just be another phony or baloney thing out there. I seen the same user sell many stuff or offer to sell stuffs for the cb7, but somehow, he just doesn't reply.

anyhow...
                        hahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by FishyMan
                          i see the following add:

Neuspeed springs with Tokico blue shocks for sale. the springs are about a 2inch drop. had it on my car for 2 months. 80obo.

is it worth it? i am thinking a 2 inch drop is a lot.. and too much for me, what if i just picked up the tokico and buy some other spring set later on??

i dont want to drop so low i can't fit a jack underneaht.. im sorry if i seem like i didn't search, but i am making an effort, i did read that peopel should get shocks and springs together, not jsut drop because it'll screw up the struts. etc etc.

is it a good deal? and mostly how can i assure myself that the shocks are in good shape/springs?

*if i do pick up JUST the TOKICO blues, what spring set would drop about 1inch or so?

thanks.
                          well i myself will be running tokico blues and the nuespeed race springs(2.2, 2.0), ATX has that same setup as of now i believe, and you can get a jack under it still, use the standard tire jack and start to lift it and then when you have enough clearance, slide the 2ton-3ton jack or whatever under it, thats the trick.

and i believe mostly any SPORT spring should only be about a 1.0, 1.5 drop or so...

^sold

Comment

i have cheapo strut braces

i have megan racing strut braces from ebay..you can get a set of three for under a hundred bucks shipped

Comment

Working...
                            X