Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear toe can’t be aligned further. Fix for this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you guys who have done all these alignments, is if correct that I can tell my less-experienced alignment guy that he can get the proper toe on my ride if he fiddles with the adjustable camber?
    90 Accord Ex, F22A4. Slight fire damage.

Comment

Originally posted by ATS666 View Post
      I've done atleast 500 (low side since I do around 100 ayear and been at the shop for 6-7 years)
      I've aligned everything from shit boxes up to vipers. Stock to custom suspensions (roundy round cars, dedicated auto-x cars, drag cars, bagged, hydraulics, trucks with 8" lifts and giant tires and trucks with 6" drops).

How many alignments have you done?

Straight as an arrow.
      strange, all the newer cars I aligned would pull if they were as far out as the op's. glad yours did not...I am a perfectionist too, any pull is unacceptable to me
      ____

Comment

The z guys who have the semi-trailing suspension, we usually will slott the crossmember or move the notch of the toe down or up as needed.

This is because we have no camber kits and need to dial out the toe because of the excessive camber change.

its a bit of work.

http://www.az-zbum.com/modification....e.camber.shtml

May not work for accords, but its an idea. add some camber, maybe it will straighten the toe.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
          strange, all the newer cars I aligned would pull if they were as far out as the op's. glad yours did not...I am a perfectionist too, any pull is unacceptable to me
          Age of the car doesn't matter, if it's adjustable and it's out I will try and put it in spec. Alot of customers will say get it as close as possible with out replacing parts.

The rear pretty much just follows, it can be out a mile and still track straight.
          His car isn't even out enough to wear tires.

There is alot more to aligning a car then putting everything in the green.

Comment

Age of the car doesn't matter, if it's adjustable and it's out I will try and put it in spec. Alot of customers will say get it as close as possible with out replacing parts.

The rear pretty much just follows, it can be out a mile and still track straight.

ive done 10. booyaa
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I had a customer who proved me wrong one time. The rear toe was off but I didnt adjust it because of the bolts were seized, so he took me for a ride and everytimei the rear end hit a decent bump the car would go up, and then when it went down it felt as if the rear end wanted to turn in another direction.

I fixed the issue and test drove it and it was perfect. It wasnt that far off either but off enough to feel it.
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

I finally got this aligned to spec.

I took it back to the same Firestone store but had a different tech work on it. He also said it wouldn't adjust enough to get the rear toe in spec.

I showed the manager my previous alignment when everything was in spec. He sent me to a different branch and two techs worked on it. They said it was just tight and one had to pull and hold one part while the other tightened it up.

I left with it in spec. So it just took a tech who was committed enough to work on it to get it right.
                90 Accord Ex, F22A4. Slight fire damage.

Comment

Working...
                X