Tender and Helper springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tender and Helper springs

Im researching into Tender springs and Helper springs, anyone on here running them and experience them?

I know helper springs are really soft, to just fill the gaps, and Tender spring is a softer addition to the main spring. But what spring rates would be good for a 350lb main spring say?

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
    UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
    NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Originally posted by marcusv8thunder View Post
    Im researching into Tender springs and Helper springs, anyone on here running them and experience them?

I know helper springs are really soft, to just fill the gaps, and Tender spring is a softer addition to the main spring. But what spring rates would be good for a 350lb main spring say?
    Why do you want a tender spring? Doing that is like trying to make a progressive spring rate spring. Effectively it would be just like adding the spring rates together though. A single 2.5 or 2.25" spring with a helper is all you really need. What ride frequency are you wanting to run? Do you know the appropriate spring length you need? How do you know the tender won't just wind up sitting at its solid height?
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
      Why do you want a tender spring? Doing that is like trying to make a progressive spring rate spring. Effectively it would be just like adding the spring rates together though. A single 2.5 or 2.25" spring with a helper is all you really need. What ride frequency are you wanting to run? Do you know the appropriate spring length you need? How do you know the tender won't just wind up sitting at its solid height?
      Im trying to sort out 2 main problems,

Firstly I want to add length to the spring to that I have some preload at full droop. This give a bit more rebound travel which I believe is lacking in my setup

Secondly I would like the first 20% of the travel to be a little softer for daily, then after that the T/H spring can be fully compressed and run on just the main spring.

I got a set of springs that are progressive but they are too soft so I dont use them, I belive that using a T/H spring is the cheapest and safest way to optimise my current setup. The length I would like is about 10" 2.5" diameter and ***lb/in T/H spring rate for the above use?
      Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 10-13-2010, 06:23 PM.

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
      UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
      NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

I wouldn't go any softer than the stock rate on the tender spring in that case. I see what you're trying to do, but your shock isn't going to like that varying spring rate
        There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X