Dropzone Camber Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropzone Camber Kit

I just got mine... It was a decent deal, and they sounded good. Came in a plain box with no Dropzone markings though (yeah, you guessed it... ebay.)

Regardless, they are the anchor bolt design (like Ingalls). I got them to hold me over until I can get a ball joint kit (IF I ever get a ball joint kit... still researching them to see if they're good).

Anyway, now that I can finally look at these things, I'm wondering how the hell I set them! There are no markings, aside from a small groove on either side (if you look at it as a P, its where the fat part meets the skinny part).

I'm sure I could just put them on and play with them, but I really don't want to mess with my suspension unless I know what I'm doing beforehand!

So, how do I know how many degrees I'm setting it for?

If I were you, I'd splurge a little and get a full alignment. The only acurate way to do that kind of stuff anymore is to hook the wheels up to a computer and have it measure the angles.

If you don't want to do that, then I'll say this. It's not that the specific angle on the kit is 2.587301 degrees. It's more about your tires being straight. I wouldn't worry too much about what the angle is if you're doing a DIY. I've read some decent DIY alignment write-ups. Give me a few minutes and I'll post links.

EDIT: The first one is for a Miata...but most of the principles should cross over. The second one is a bit confusing at some points, but is a bit cheaper.

http://www.quadesl.com/miata_alignment.shtml

http://www.vtr.org/maintain/diy-alignment.html
    Last edited by iamnemo; 02-13-2005, 09:56 PM.

PTAC (Poor Tuner's Accord Club) - #05

2003-2006 - '91 Accord EX 2dr 5spd "Macy" R.I.P
    2006-20?? - '99 Grand Am SE 4dr Auto "NoName"

Comment

http://honduh.com/showthread.php?s=&...ight=alignment

you dont set them, the shop does it for you when you get an alignment.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I normally go to my mom's fiancee's Chrysler dealership for service (why I don't know, because they always screw something up...) Would I need to go to a shop experienced with modified cars, or should the guys at the Chrysler place know what to do? I suppose I should ask, but I'm in front of my computer now, and lazy, so I'll ask here first

Comment

shop that is experienced.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

you don't want someone that doesn't know what they're doing touching your wheels! cars don't usually come with adjustible camber, so make sure you get someone who knows what they're doing with an aftermarket kit.

Comment

Yea camber doesn't really wear tires out as much as bad toe does. When your wheels aren't straight it's the worst...I think that's the most important part of the alignment. I mean look at the rear camber on X5s...and that's stock! So yea just get the toe fixed if necessary.

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                Yea camber doesn't really wear tires out as much as bad toe does. When your wheels aren't straight it's the worst...I think that's the most important part of the alignment. I mean look at the rear camber on X5s...and that's stock! So yea just get the toe fixed if necessary.
                Toe KILLS tires...but camber can be just as bad!

I went to a run of the mill service shop and they exactly what they were doing. Most shops will know what they're doing. The people who works there are normally pretty savvy to what's going on in the mod world. Domestics have camber kits too.

PTAC (Poor Tuner's Accord Club) - #05

2003-2006 - '91 Accord EX 2dr 5spd "Macy" R.I.P
                2006-20?? - '99 Grand Am SE 4dr Auto "NoName"

Comment

Working...
                X