rear lca and acr frame brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear lca and acr frame brace

so I have a cb7 sedan obviously but I'm wondering if they sell lca's and frame braces like I look for em one weaksuace and even ebay. Do they even sell em for accords that and where can I find them?

Search ebay for rear lower strut bar and you'll find the control arm tie brace for that point although it's argued whether it makes a difference or not on our CB7's.

A company called Ultra Racing makes front lower control arm braces for the 5th gen Accord. I don't know if they will work on the CB7 chassis or not though.

Other than that we only have upper front and rear strut bars, nobody makes chassis braces for our cars.
    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

wow that's bs I'm just starting to fix my bone stock cb7 and I think small feature like that set of a cars look oh well thanks man

Comment

Accord rear lower arm is one solid piece. Civic and Integra has a big gap in the middle where they need a lower bar to help keep the rear from flexing.

Comment

Originally posted by jimy View Post
          Accord rear lower arm is one solid piece. Civic and Integra has a big gap in the middle where they need a lower bar to help keep the rear from flexing.
          ^^Yep, I don't believe the CB7 benefits from the brace. If you can find one that ties the front two control arms together though it should make a noticeable difference because the frame there is U-shaped.
          My Member's Ride Thread

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Dealing with chassis flex is a big guessing game unless everything is set up properly. There's only been one car on here that's been to that point but its gone now. You have flex in your bushings, whether they be rubber, or poly. You need spherical bearings, then proper tires, and proper alignment, then you can start analyzing chassis flex.

My point is, no one knows if it does anything on the CB7. Maybe they don't make rear lower bars because it doesn't help our chassis, or maybe they just don't make them because there isn't as much demand. You don't even see 10% of the number of tracked civics being used as track CB7s.

BTW, Jimy that car looks fantastic
            There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

esp sells a really bad ass brace that goes in the trunk, connects to the strut tower bars, its sick, i dont no the specific name, but ya we dont have all the cool stuff like tegs. i always roll up behing a civic or teg with billet suspenion stuff.

kinda cool looking. but i rather have stealth stuff so it wont b noticable
              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Wagons have cast steel rear lower control arms as opposed to coupe/sedan stamped steel rear lower control arms

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                  Dealing with chassis flex is a big guessing game unless everything is set up properly. There's only been one car on here that's been to that point but its gone now. You have flex in your bushings, whether they be rubber, or poly. You need spherical bearings, then proper tires, and proper alignment, then you can start analyzing chassis flex.

My point is, no one knows if it does anything on the CB7. Maybe they don't make rear lower bars because it doesn't help our chassis, or maybe they just don't make them because there isn't as much demand. You don't even see 10% of the number of tracked civics being used as track CB7s.

BTW, Jimy that car looks fantastic
                  Thanks bro, but your right. The market isn't there.

Comment

theres no point of putting anything in the rear of a accord. the way its designed its alot different that a civic/integra. even if you put a rear lower tie bar its just for show. and the only company that makes lca's is MEGAN RACING. they sell either a 2 or 4 pc kit. look into that

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
                      theres no point of putting anything in the rear of a accord. the way its designed its alot different that a civic/integra. even if you put a rear lower tie bar its just for show. and the only company that makes lca's is MEGAN RACING. they sell either a 2 or 4 pc kit. look into that
                      Hardrace makes lca's with spherical bearings.
                      There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                        Hardrace makes lca's with spherical bearings.
                        Does anyone know how much they cost?

Also, is the suspension/chassis between the CD5 and CB7 EXACTLY the same? I've wondered that often, there's some braces made for the CD5 that I want (front lower control arm brace & fender brace)
                        My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
                        X