Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Susp issues..calling all troublshooters and brainstormers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Susp issues..calling all troublshooters and brainstormers!

i am having a few problems that some shops and myself cant seem to figure out..so put on your thinking cap.

here is my set up:

Brand new oem tie rods
    brand new UCAs
    anchor bolts with camber adjustment
    ebay coilovers (yeah theyre stupid)
    cross drill rotors, just checked not warped or worn at all

the first and foremost is this annoying rattling that, to me, sounds like it is in the top of the fender/engine bay area. it would clank just like a uca or tie rod would whenever you would go over bumps. so completely replaced both and this noise persists. its godawful lol.. I had it checked when i go tit aligned, they found no play anywhere, loose bolts, nothing. the only things im thinking for all of this is possibly bad bushings in the adjustable anchor bolts? im not sure.

it pulls hard to the right. it does it on acceleration, deceleration, coasting, you name it. i checked my coilover springs and they are all the exact same height. the alignment shop also couldnt figure this one out..

and last, when you have the car idling and the wheel dead center and turn left, the right wheel slightly hums kinda high pitched (im not quite sure how to explain it). its only for a short second once you first turn to the left, does not make the noise upon returning center, or turning right.

could my hub or wheel bearings cause any of this?

sorry for the long thread, this has just been puzzling me and im ready to end it!

before i hear about it, i will just say i plan on gettting actual good lowering springs, and steer away from the anchor camber fixing bolts. POS

-- Check out my CB -- My CRV blackhousing thread!!-- My CG coupe--

When my car was pulling to the right it ended being a seized caliper and as for the knocking you could have a bad hub bearing or axle

Comment

ok so bu got ebay coil overs..im gonna go out on a lim here and say u got the ebay ancor camber kitslike this

but if u look hard at the bushing area.there flawed in alot of ways.meaning that the ancor rod(the rod that goes through the bushing) is covered in wannabe polyurthane aka cheap shit.now i bought this kit and emidetly after i installed them i had the same issues as what ur discribing.now even thought there seems to be no movmet while the car has weight or lifted in the air its not under a lot of stress(bumps,turns,hard excelerating,pulling).there should be,instead of a bushing there should be a full metal like lip that surrounds the ancor rod..like this kit.

now with this kit the ancor rod will not move back and forth cause it is surrounded by metal itstead of fake pollyurthane plastic.i found out the hard way and bought the ebay kit..but i had a welder and bought some washers that the hole diamiter is the size as the ancor rod.and welded the washers over the ancor rod.the rod still moves freely around up and down but not front to back basocly making it the second pic.also the other weak poins in the ebay kits are that the bolts that hold the slide to adjust the camber keep comming loose or just completely breaking. so i strongly recomend changing the slide nuts and bolts to some grade 8 or stronger ones.finally theres the ancor bolts them selfs(the bolt that bolts the control arm to the strut tower)they too tend to snap and strip veryy and i mean very easy.i belive deevergrote had this happen to him on the high way so cange those to grade 8 or srtonger bolts as well.but all said and done and after the money u spent fixing them u could have spent the money on a good quality ingalls camber kit like i should had done.nut i wish u good luck andsafe driving.
      Last edited by 92smokeaccord; 08-28-2010, 11:39 PM.

my new turbo build

Comment

agree with ^

and the clank could be the ebay coil overs. They never sit properly and from personal experience they also are different spring rates (with in the same set) one of the reasons they are so cheep, no quality control. Get a good set of full coil overs and a beter camber kit. start there and keep us posted ...

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

yes, those are the exact ones. lol.

and yeah i was thinking maybe ther coilovers. even though i set them hit up and compressed then a bit to not jiggle even when the cars lifted. but i just still dont trust them and ive been on them for a few years its just tearing my shit up.

i think my cheap option for now would be find some used oem struts, and go back to the stock, strong, anchor bolts. then i can have a safe car and actually save up to get some good coilover or just springs.. winters in a few months anyways lol

-- Check out my CB -- My CRV blackhousing thread!!-- My CG coupe--

Comment

Working...
          X