question about rubbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about rubbing

i just got my rims not to long ago. 215/45/17 and when i go over bumps my left rear tire rubs on the fender and i know its a bad shock but i was thinking of lowering it. but if i do lower it, will it continue to rub on the fender if i am going to lower it?

Also, will i need to camber the wheel in a bit? thank you for yall input

You'll have to get a new shock first. Plus, alot of guys say that you will need to buy an upgraded shock like AGX's or such, but I haven't had any problems using GR2's. I don't see the need for a camber kit in the rear but I guess that all really depends on how low you're going to drop it. You definitely want to roll your fenders too.
    Sig removed due to excessive size.

Comment

The lower you get , the faster your car eats tires without correction kit.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

if its the rear fender lip, then bend it inwards and up, be careful to heat up the paint first otherwise it will crack the paint, then no matter what ur rear suspension setup is, it shouldnt rub

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
        UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
        NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Originally posted by osl
          You'll have to get a new shock first.
          x2.......
          I had 18s before and over bump its fine.

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

I'm also running 215/45/17 tires, you'll just need to roll the rear fender lip. If you plan on lowering your car, you'll definately rub every time you hit a bump. Also depending on the drop, you may/may not need a camber kit.

Comment

Working...
            X