Bouncing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bouncing.

Okay I dont know if I put my shocks/sleeves in wrong but im bouncing hardxcore. On normal small bumps and dont even want to get into with pot holes.

I tried to launch on normal street and my car bounced a lot.

Im on Koni Strs and Megan sleeves.

Did I install these incorrectly? Could someone show me a diagram or explain how they were supposed to go in.

I have it going Shock,Sleeve perch, The adjustors, The spring, The Bump stopper is between the red top hat on the spring(Maybe it's too much bummp stopper?) then it goes up into the shock top hat.

Any help please.

Bump.

Anyone know why I would be bouncing on koni str ts and megan sleeves?

Comment

How low are you? Did you cut your bumpstops at all? Is this your first time with a lowered car?
      There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I have a finger inbetween wheel and fenders. Im on 205/45/16(don't know if tire size matters).

I cut the bump stoppers to about maybe an inch or two. But they were pushing the red top hat on my springs up(Maybe that's why im bouncing?) should I cut them moree?

And yes this is my first lowered car.

Comment

Originally posted by Reignstarz View Post
          I have a finger inbetween wheel and fenders. Im on 205/45/16(don't know if tire size matters).

I cut the bump stoppers to about maybe an inch or two. But they were pushing the red top hat on my springs up(Maybe that's why im bouncing?) should I cut them moree?

And yes this is my first lowered car.
          Well an inch or two inches is a big difference considering the bumpstops aren't much more than two inches long total lol. Its very likely that you didn't cut them down enough for how low you are. You should probably cut your bumpstops to 1/2 or maybe even 1/3 of their original length. Also, since its your first lowered car, you could be getting bouncy and stiff mixed up. There definitely is a difference. Either way it sounds like you don't like it, but this setup has been reported to ride well, so I would check your bumpstops first.

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
            Well an inch or two inches is a big difference considering the bumpstops aren't much more than two inches long total lol. Its very likely that you didn't cut them down enough for how low you are. You should probably cut your bumpstops to 1/2 or maybe even 1/3 of their original length. Also, since its your first lowered car, you could be getting bouncy and stiff mixed up. There definitely is a difference. Either way it sounds like you don't like it, but this setup has been reported to ride well, so I would check your bumpstops first.
            Alright cool, I'll try cutting them some more. At first I didn't have any bump stoppers and it wasn't bouncing it was just hitting really hard on bumps sounding like something was slamming in the back lol. But then I put them in and that went away then it was bouncing.

I'll try cutting them, But it's def bouncing like trampoline. Almost to the point of losing the car.

Thanks man i'll let you know what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Reignstarz View Post
              Alright cool, I'll try cutting them some more. At first I didn't have any bump stoppers and it wasn't bouncing it was just hitting really hard on bumps sounding like something was slamming in the back lol. But then I put them in and that went away then it was bouncing.

I'll try cutting them, But it's def bouncing like trampoline. Almost to the point of losing the car.

Thanks man i'll let you know what happens.
              The bumpstops are just there to keep the shocks from bottoming out. They're cheap insurance. Don't be afraid of cutting them too short, as long as there's something there.

Comment

if its not your shocks it may be your tire pressure

Comment

Originally posted by life_shift View Post
                  if its not your shocks it may be your tire pressure
                  I'll check that too. I think it's the stopppers I mean it's a lot of bounce. Usually if I launch on street and hit a bump im def put out of my seat. Even on small bumps in the road it's really really bouncy. I'll be checking it tomorrow afternoon removing some of the bump stop.

Comment

The red top hats take valueable shock travel, you dont need the red top hats, i removed mine and ive safely gained 1 inch travel in front and 2 inches of travel in rear. Just use the original top hat the spring sits more than fine there. By doing this, you will stop bottoming out, unless you were refering to wheel hop in the first thread? Either way the above info will help you

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
                    UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
                    NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

yea youll just have to get use to it unless you ionstalled them MORE BOUNCE THE BETTER!!!!

Comment

So I cut the bump stoppers. And the bounce went away like 70-80%.

There's still an unusual bounce though, ill be on the highway and ill go over a bump like over a bridge and it'll bounce and pull the car back down. Not too too bad but sometimes ill leave the seat lol. That really can't be normal though, In town thugh the bounce is gone.

As for the red top hats though, When I jack the car up the springs are loose and if I were to drop the car back down I have to allign the spring so it fits up in the shock mount. Is that normal most coilover systems seem to have the shock mount on the spring before being placed in the car.

Comment

yeah for sleeve shock combos, but take the red top hats out, honestly u dont need them they just take up travel, and bottom out more, i have no bounce at all so it works

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
                          UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
                          NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Originally posted by marcusv8thunder View Post
                            yeah for sleeve shock combos, but take the red top hats out, honestly u dont need them they just take up travel, and bottom out more, i have no bounce at all so it works
                            Yeah but you're also on Custom rear top mounts, and Strut bars. Along with dampers.

I think it's to low for the set up to be honest. IM going to raise maybe an inch. Im really low.

Comment

Update:

So I took my suspension back out. And found that the sleeves(Silver part that goes on the shock) was completely loose and was quite possibly the cause of the bouncing(If anyone else has this issue).

The real issue was with the 3 hex screws that hold the sleeve onto the shock. I must of tightened them way to much. When the car hit a bump(With bounce) the screws stripped the part of the shock they were on. And indented the shock. The shocks I have are gas so hopefullly nothing will come of that.

What I did to minimize the bounce as much as possible was to flip the sleeve over and have the sleeve all the way on the bottom of the shock(I couldn't get a hex key on the screws with the sleeve the normal way) and tighten the screws towards the top of the shock so that if I hit a bump the sleeve can't slide down on the shock.

My question is. Can you weld the sleeve on the shock so that there isn't any movement? Does that void the warranty?

Comment

Working...
                              X