Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What lug nuts should I go with on ARP wheel studs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What lug nuts should I go with on ARP wheel studs?

What lug nuts can I go with? I'm running ARP wheel studs. Is there a recommended kind? Or can I just use my stock open end lug nuts?
    Last edited by Vila; 05-31-2010, 08:44 AM.

its always the "you get what you pay for"

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD View Post
      its always the "you get what you pay for"
      true, honestly looking for the best brand or kind I could use.

Comment

stock length or extended?
        -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
        -1993 Accord EX SOLD
        -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
        -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

i use Blox extended studs. theyre pretty cheap on ebay. make sure you have deep socket with you at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by GunRunner View Post
            stock length or extended?
            extended. and nice seeing you and the cb at the East coast meet bro.

Comment

Originally posted by JunyAccord View Post
              i use Blox extended studs. theyre pretty cheap on ebay. make sure you have deep socket with you at all times.
              I bought some cheap ones on ebay, and they were straigh shit. They broke on me when I tried to put them on.

Comment

Originally posted by Vila View Post
                I bought some cheap ones on ebay, and they were straigh shit. They broke on me when I tried to put them on.
                Blox extended studs are pretty good actually. I have them on my coupe, and i think i paid $47 shipped from JHPUSA.com

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Good seeing you/meeting you as well. ARP is a good well known quality brand so I would say spend the money on a quality lug nut to go on them. I have had zero issues with my Rays lug nuts which I got from ebay. Mine are standard size but they do make extended as well.
                  -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                  -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                  -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                  -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

i used stock lug nuts.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

If you are going to be running ITR wheels (or any stock wheel for that matter) then you need to get Acorn style (or factory) lugs. Almost all of the aftermarket options (such as Rays, Blox, etc.) are Taper style. These types of lugnuts are designed for aftermarket wheels and would not work with your stock wheels. They wouldn't fit the grove that is on the stock wheel and could back themselves out on their own due to poor contact with the seating surface.

Just go down to your nearest Honda Dealership and ask for open-ended lug nuts and they should be able to get them for you no problem.

EDIT: Acorn is not the proper term for OEM lugs. The proper name is ball seat, while acorn is describing the conical, aftermarket lugs.
                      Last edited by Tnwagn; 06-28-2010, 10:22 PM.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                      Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

im running blox. before i was using muteki

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
                          If you are going to be running ITR wheels (or any stock wheel for that matter) then you need to get Acorn style (or factory) lugs. Almost all of the aftermarket options (such as Rays, Blox, etc.) are Taper style. These types of lugnuts are designed for aftermarket wheels and would not work with your stock wheels. They wouldn't fit the grove that is on the stock wheel and could back themselves out on their own due to poor contact with the seating surface.

Just go down to your nearest Honda Dealership and ask for open-ended lug nuts and they should be able to get them for you no problem.
                          If you've got ITR wheels you need the OE style BALL SEAT lugnuts. The Acorn style are NOT the correct ones. I think that's where a lot of people have issues with those wheels coming off b/c they use the incorrect lugnut w/ stock studs, in addition to those 5mm spacers to clear the brake calipers.

member's ride thread
                          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                          91 Accord SE 176k
                          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                            If you've got ITR wheels you need the OE style BALL SEAT lugnuts. The Acorn style are NOT the correct ones. I think that's where a lot of people have issues with those wheels coming off b/c they use the incorrect lugnut w/ stock studs, in addition to those 5mm spacers to clear the brake calipers.
                            So OEM lugs would work then?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                            Originally posted by Jarrett
                            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                              Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                              So OEM lugs would work then?
                              Yes, OEM lugs are what you need

Pardon my mis-naming of the lugs

Originally posted by Maple50175
                              Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Working...
                              X