Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Brakes and New Control Arms .. now I'm Bouncing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a very good point that I didn't think of. The pre-load in the bushings.

Jack the car up, loosen the UCA bolts, but don't take them totally off.
    Then, lower the car down to ride height, turn the wheel to one lock, and tighten the bolts you can, then turn it to the other lock and tighten the rest. Its a tight fit, but that's the way to do it.
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
      the only thing i can come up w preloading is, making sure that the suspension is as has a load on and then tighten the anchors, because if you do it in the air the suspension will be all the way down whenever the car drops to the floor, being that the anchors are tight, it'll twist them and make them wear prematurely
      That is precisely what he meant .. yes!
      Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
      GR-2's are AGX's lower model OEM replacement. Your lucky to have gotten 8 years out of them with a dropped spring. However Eibach is only a 1.5" drop so that would have saved you I guess.
      Crazy I know .. but when we had that thing in the air (both times) once at the garage, and again at the alignment place, they both looked clean, no leaks, no nothing!
      After talking with Dave at Eibach, he assured me it wasn't my springs, and we (the mech, and the alignment guy, along with myself) concluded that my GR2's looked fine.
      Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
      That is a very good point that I didn't think of. The pre-load in the bushings.

Jack the car up, loosen the UCA bolts, but don't take them totally off.
      Then, lower the car down to ride height, turn the wheel to one lock, and tighten the bolts you can, then turn it to the other lock and tighten the rest. Its a tight fit, but that's the way to do it.
      And here's the kicker ...

I took the car back to the mech .. only thing is, he wasn't there, he was at the doctor's place .. same thing happened last week when I went to take it to him then.
      He never seems to answer his fone .. is only there when he wants to be, and when I contacted him on his cell fone, he asked me to ask the owner to CUT the under side of the wheel well !!!

I drove over to see Kyle at CNC, and he told me rather then cutting it .. use a pneumatic hammer and just have it hammered back a bit .. after all, he did that to his CB7, and it has had zero effect on his rideability and integrity of structure.

Long story short .. I cannot believe my mech even let me drive off with it in the condition it was. He even test drove it before handing me the keys .. he HAD to have noticed it bottoming out on the smallest of dents in the road!

After returning to the shop, I thought I'd take a look for myself, and to my amazement, I could not even put my pinkie in-between the top of the UCA and the under-side of the fender! Which means of course, that my UCA's are not really sitting free .. they're hung up on the under-side of my wheel-well!!!!!!

Fucking amazing!!!!!!! Wellll duhhh! I would never have let a car drive off the lot like that after doing all that work! The owner of the place was so pissed, he gave me a hundred bucks back, annnnd ............... fired the dude!

I don't mean any ill will towards the mech he fired, but geepers duuuude ..
      WTF were you thinking?

Sooo, after going to another couple of places .. and them NOT having a CLUE as to what I was talking about .. I just came home .. I'll just have to go out and buy an air-compressor, and an air-hammer myself .... and do this all on my own!

Fucking imcompetance at it's finest! Not to mention, the one place I went to, hardly anyone there spoke english!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dunno WTF I'm gonna do to correct this!

On a side-note .. I nailed a pretty good dip on a side-street, annnd .. low and behold
      it appears to have taken care of SOME of the bouncy bouncy ... problem is .. I prolly bent both new UCA's so much so .. that they're almost ok now ..

Man a fucking liiivvvvvve! What the FUCK do I have to do to get this mother fucking front end square .. even .. and fucking set ???????

If I DID have an air hammer right now .. I'd prolly take it to the entire car and fuck it to death!

Talk about pissed off? Grrrrrrrr ..
      Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 04-23-2010, 06:11 PM.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Are you lower than you used to be? Sounds like your camber was adjusted to much positive. If you adjust it to be more negative then it might solve your problem.

My swap thread
        Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92 View Post
          Are you lower than you used to be? Sounds like your camber was adjusted to much positive. If you adjust it to be more negative then it might solve your problem.
          LOL .. no mannn .. I'm higher ... because my Control Arms are resting on that LIP .. inside the wheel well!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
            LOL .. no mannn .. I'm higher ... because my Control Arms are resting on that LIP .. inside the wheel well!!!!
            Well, that pretty much confirms my theory. The aftermarket control arms could be part of the problem as well. They are pushed to far out.

My swap thread
            Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92 View Post
              Well, that pretty much confirms my theory. The aftermarket control arms could be part of the problem as well. They are pushed to far out.
              Yes .. thus the air-hammer coming soon, to a neighborhood near me ...

I'm actually learning that I'm really not the only person with this dilemma ..
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r+Control+Arms
              Heheheh .. welllll? I searrrched .. after ..

Tomi
              Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 04-23-2010, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Off issue your having, ever consider Integra UCA's?
                Apparently they are shorter.

So wait you want to be lowered AND have no camber?
                Your man for wiring solutions!
                CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Man View Post
                  Off issue your having, ever consider Integra UCA's?
                  Apparently they are shorter.

So wait you want to be lowered AND have no camber?
                  No, I can't say that I've heard (or read that) the Integra's work on our cars.
                  And no .. I don't think I can get perfect camber .. however, as close to perfect is always my goal!

Tomi

Comment

Read up on the BB6 Lude front knuckle swap, people are useing DA integra Adjustable UCA's to get pretty good camber.
                    Aparently they bolt right in.
                    Your man for wiring solutions!
                    CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                    CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

I have Neuspeed/Koni yellows on Neuspeed Race springs with upper controls arms that have Ingalls anchor bolt camber kit on my front suspension. No air hammer or any modification to fenderwell was needed! I have shocks set to middle perch all-around.

They can be installed properly, the components are not the problem, it was obviously the work done.

Your shocks could be blown, but regardless you should start off by correcting the front upper control arms install. I do not believe they were installed properly. Someone mentioned, they have to be preloaded which is correct. If not, they could be sitting higher in the fenderwell than they should be, resulting in knock. I hope you did not bend anything on the arm, hitting that bump. Set front ingalls kit to middle of slot on both sides for entire front end to start off with.

This can still be fixed, if no significant damaged occurred. After control arm issue is fixed, then I would get a wheel alignment.

Sounds like you need to get a reputable shop or learn how to do this yourself or find friends that do on this site. Good luck.
                      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Man View Post
                        Read up on the BB6 Lude front knuckle swap, people are useing DA integra Adjustable UCA's to get pretty good camber.
                        Aparently they bolt right in.
                        Thanks for that info .. I was wondering if there was another *chassis* year/trim/model, also!
                        Thanks for confirming that ..
                        Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
                        I have Neuspeed/Koni yellows on Neuspeed Race springs with upper controls arms that have Ingalls anchor bolt camber kit on my front suspension. No air hammer or any modification to fenderwell was needed! I have shocks set to middle perch all-around.

They can be installed properly, the components are not the problem, it was obviously the work done.

Your shocks could be blown, but regardless you should start off by correcting the front upper control arms install. I do not believe they were installed properly. Someone mentioned, they have to be preloaded which is correct. If not, they could be sitting higher in the fenderwell than they should be, resulting in knock. I hope you did not bend anything on the arm, hitting that bump. Set front ingalls kit to middle of slot on both sides for entire front end to start off with.

This can still be fixed, if no significant damaged occurred. After control arm issue is fixed, then I would get a wheel alignment.

Sounds like you need to get a reputable shop or learn how to do this yourself or find friends that do on this site. Good luck.
                        Makes sense .. and thanks man! Very nice of you to take the time to respond to this.
                        Your input is most certainly significant and always articulated very well, and to the point.
                        Respect!

Also, after speaking with Dave at Eibach and hearing him mention the fact of "pre-loading,"
                        I'm just gonna see about staring this whole process again ..
                        I may even try CB7Man's suggestion if it comes to that .. but, yes, after hitting that "dip",
                        it's actually felt quite a bit better .. all the more reason to start all over ..
                        I really think I moved some shit around during that one ..
                        Atleast allll of the bounce is gone .. and, it's doesn't pull, push .. or anything ..
                        it just fuckin sounds like hell if the right sized pot-hole is hit dead on ..

I must say tho .. I'm gettin real good at knowing what lanes to be in, or not be in .. to avoid some of *The Killer Ones* ..

Thanks Guys .. really appreciate the feed-back .. just what I wanted to hear ..

Tomi

Comment

Working...
                        X