Wheel Spacers....(ITR Wheels)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post
    Or just shave/cut the part of the front calipers that touch the wheel spokes.

= Free.
    do this i have done it to some other trucks and cars no issues in over 2 years.... u dont have to shave much either.....
    Members Ride sold...
    I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7 View Post
      do this i have done it to some other trucks and cars no issues in over 2 years.... u dont have to shave much either.....
      what would you shave it with? a grinder or something like that?

Comment

and how long are the stock studs on our CB's?

Comment

Originally posted by Vila View Post
          When I get extended studs, do I still need to have spacers?
          Yes, extended studs do not change the fact that the caliper bracket is still too large to clear ITR wheels without spacers

what would you shave it with? a grinder or something like that?
          Angle grinder would be ideal but the job can be done with a dremel if you're in a pinch and already have one.

and how long are the stock studs on our CB's?
          Not long enough to run a 5mm spacer. I have heard of others doing just this, but honestly, it's not worth risking your life or putting those around you in danger just because you want to run some rims.

Originally posted by Maple50175
          Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
            Yes, extended studs do not change the fact that the caliper bracket is still too large to clear ITR wheels without spacers

Angle grinder would be ideal but the job can be done with a dremel if you're in a pinch and already have one.

Not long enough to run a 5mm spacer. I have heard of others doing just this, but honestly, it's not worth risking your life or putting those around you in danger just because you want to run some rims.
            alright, good deal, so can anyone tell me if these will fit long enough, with the 5mm spacers? I'm probably gonna order these today if they will.
            http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-93...Q5fAccessories

Comment

^^need to know about those studs!

Comment

get them !!
                http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Grind down the caliper. It's safer. It won't effect the braking performance and durability.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
                    Grind down the caliper. It's safer. It won't effect the braking performance and durability.
                    Thinking about doing this instead, just to save money, but it I do grind them down, will I still need to run spacers, right?

Comment

Thinking about doing this instead, just to save money, but it I do grind them down, will I still need to run spacers, right?
                      No, that's the whole point of grinding the caliper down. Just know what you're grinding.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
                        No, that's the whole point of grinding the caliper down. Just know what you're grinding.
                        alright, just clarifying. Time to break out the dremel then.

Comment

Okay, I got a good deal on some extended wheel studs. I'm gonna be installing them maybe this weekend. Now I have another question, since I'm gonna be running them, Is there gonna be a problem with my lug nuts? I'm gonna be using the oem open lug nuts, Am I gonna be able to tighten/loosen them all the way using my lug wrench?

Comment

You will need a deep 19mm socket to tighten them down with extended studs.

I'd suggest buying a full set of deep metric sockets from 10-19mm but if you're tight on money you can buy a single 19mm socket.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                            Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
                              You will need a deep 19mm socket to tighten them down with extended studs.

I'd suggest buying a full set of deep metric sockets from 10-19mm but if you're tight on money you can buy a single 19mm socket.
                              alright, thanks for the info man.

Comment

good choice on the extended studs. I was thinking about it when putting the ITRs on my car but realized it wasn't needed once I realized how many turns the lugs screwed on. With the stock studs I was still able to turn the lugnuts a full 6 turns in front compared to 8 turns for the rear w/ no spacer. The spacers I'm using in this case are 5mm OneTonGarage spacers. I've driven well over 5k miles including a 800mile drive to CA and back in one day w/ no issues. I used Gorilla OE style Ball Seat closed end lugnuts and a McGard wheel lock on each wheel. All wheels torqued to 80 ft-lbs w/ a torque wrench.

member's ride thread
                                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                                91 Accord SE 176k
                                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                                X