Wheel Spacers....(ITR Wheels)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel Spacers....(ITR Wheels)

Okay, I just found out I'ma need some wheel spacers, cause it won't clear my brake calipers. I'm rocking some ITR wheels, what size spacer do I need to clear my caliper? And will I need some for the rears also?

5mm front. Nothing for the rear.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
      5mm front. Nothing for the rear.
      good deal, thanks man. And I like your CB, but why did you get rid of the Arcadia sedan!? lol.

Comment

I ran 10mm for awhile with any problem but again thats me and its free.
        Now I'm just using 5mm

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD View Post
          I ran 10mm for awhile with any problem but again thats me and its free.
          Now I'm just using 5mm
          did you run a 10mm without extended studs?

or a bolt on 10mm

Comment

I wouldn't run any spacers on stock wheel studs. Here's why: Mike (greencb7inkc) had 5mm spacers with ITRs on his car with OEM open ended lug nuts, and because of the 5mm spacer, the lug nuts didn't have enough threads to bite onto and they started stripping themselves out as he was driving on the way back from Chicago with us last summer. He had violent wheel vibrations, so we pulled over and diagnosed the issue. If he had driven much longer the wheel may have flown off on the highway.
            There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

No shit. NOt only was that shit scary but sucked ass.

I got 1/4" spacers(6.3mm) on the front. I still would NOT recommend doing so with stock studs. You could do it, but i wouldnt recommend going very fast or very far with that setup.

ARP studs are $60. There's no excuse.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
              Originally posted by Jarrett
              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                I wouldn't run any spacers on stock wheel studs. Here's why: Mike (greencb7inkc) had 5mm spacers with ITRs on his car with OEM open ended lug nuts, and because of the 5mm spacer, the lug nuts didn't have enough threads to bite onto and they started stripping themselves out as he was driving on the way back from Chicago with us last summer. He had violent wheel vibrations, so we pulled over and diagnosed the issue. If he had driven much longer the wheel may have flown off on the highway.
                I can't afford to buy extended studs right now, so I'm gonna have to run spacers on my stock studs. But what's the cheapest/decent set of studs ya'll would recommend?

Comment

Or just shave/cut the part of the front calipers that touch the wheel spokes.

= Free.

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post
                    Or just shave/cut the part of the front calipers that touch the wheel spokes.

= Free.
                    will that not damage the caliper by any means to where it malfunctions anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Vila View Post
                      I can't afford to buy extended studs right now, so I'm gonna have to run spacers on my stock studs. But what's the cheapest/decent set of studs ya'll would recommend?
                      wait til you have the cash to buy the extended studs. thats my recommendation from experience
                      http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
                        wait til you have the cash to buy the extended studs. thats my recommendation from experience
                        yea, but these are the only wheels I have atm, I traded my 10th anniversary wheels for these, with the intention they would fit perfect over my stock calipers, when I just found out they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Vila View Post
                          yea, but these are the only wheels I have atm, I traded my 10th anniversary wheels for these, with the intention they would fit perfect over my stock calipers, when I just found out they don't.
                          i hear you on that but i experienced a wheel coming off
                          http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
                            i hear you on that but i experienced a wheel coming off
                            fuck that lol, next paycheck I'm getting some extended studs.

Comment

When I get extended studs, do I still need to have spacers?

Comment

Working...
                              X