questions about sleeve coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

questions about sleeve coilovers

ok so i have sleeve coilovers with illumina shocks.. and im deciding on putting them on my new used old cb lol.. well the question that has always been in my head is.. ok so when i have coilovers or sleeve coilovers on my ride.. and i adjust them up or down.. do i need to get an alignment everytime i raise or lower my car?

thanks guys
    MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

1991 Honda Accord EX - MY NEW ONE
    1991 Honda Accord LX - Impounded and GONE
    1993 Honda Accord EX H22 - SOLD

BTW IM NOT TURBO.. I WAS GOING TO GO TURBO WITH MY FIRST CB.. BUT IT GOT IMPOUNDED

the right answer- Yes any change in suspension should be followed up with an alignment.

the common answer... no- depends on how much you like tire wear and your steering wheel pulling to one side or another. The biggest factor is making sure that both sides are the same with you sitting in the car.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
    member ride thread
    11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
    People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
    I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
    John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

wow lol that sux so everytime i raise and lower my car i have to align it.. wow what a pain in the ass and the pocket lol.. thanks bro
      MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

BTW IM NOT TURBO.. I WAS GOING TO GO TURBO WITH MY FIRST CB.. BUT IT GOT IMPOUNDED

Comment

not if you get a lifetime alignment for 150
        i changed my setup quite frequently when i first got my f&f's but didn't have to pay out the ass i went there i think a total of three times and am going to have to go there again when i get my new suspension (this one will go on the coupe and a new one will go on the wagon)
        ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Originally posted by quaidum View Post
          not if you get a lifetime alignment for 150
          i changed my setup quite frequently when i first got my f&f's but didn't have to pay out the ass i went there i think a total of three times and am going to have to go there again when i get my new suspension (this one will go on the coupe and a new one will go on the wagon)
          ^^^ yeah go to a place that will do life time alginments on cars with aftermarket stuff. i just went to NTB and got a "special alignment package" for like 180 after tax. that got me a full year of alignments at no extra cost to me. and no limit how many times i can get it done and doesnt matter if i add extra parts either. yes its a little steep, but that a full year of alingments any time i want, and im planing on doing alot more susp. work, and i will be damned if im going to pay every single time. hell after i get my car aligned twice it will have already paid off.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

kool.. and what kinda alignment do i need to go for? cuz i see thrust angle alignment is that good enough? who offers lifetime alignment? i kno firestone does but anyone else offer this?
            MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

Comment

firestone is where i got mine done but only b/c i know this guy there.
              he has a 1993 ex sedan manual with some nice rims and i seen him around town when i was delivering and found out where he lived and worked(kinda stalker like huh) just b/c of his accord. anyways he is ase certified in suspension.
              he does all my alignments(even if i have to wait longer)

here are some pics of his ride(he is doing the wagon brake upgrade on his car)

P.S. sorry for the tread jack
              ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

kool kool nice.. dont worry about the thread jack hahaahha

i just lowered my car today imma get an alignment done..

does anyone kno if a thrust angle alignment will be enough or what alignment should i have done to my car
                MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

Comment

Working...
                X