shaking??WTF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shaking??WTF

My car has been shaking for a while, and it is now beginning to feel worse..

I just swapped in another f22a1 and rebuilt axles..
    just replaced inner and outer tie rods..

whats next now..I am beginning to think that the rack and pinion might be going bad..the disks arent warped, and my whole steering column shakes when im going high speeds and when im braking..

what else could it be.

Rush

Originally posted by Darkcloud
    Bought 3 things, 1 that goes boom,1 that shades and 1 to go fasrer
    Originally posted by bmxicansd
    so you got a boombox, sunglasses and rosettta stone?

tires out of balance?

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
      tires out of balance?
      I just put tires on because the driver side blew out on me last week..and they balanced them..I know I need an alignment, but it was shaking before the tire..

Rush

Comment

My steering wheel shakes at high speeds too. I was told my half shaft was bad . Im not sure if you have an automatic or a manual though.

Comment

I have an auto, and axles were just rebuilt by a shop near my house..

do you think they botched the rebuild??

Rush

Comment

Anyone?

Rush

Comment

inner outer tie rods. axles, bearing, rims, tires. these will give yo shaking. at about 55-65mph if you get shaking, usually means you need to balance the tires.

just pull the car up try to move the axle left and right(between the tranny and bearing) it it moves that it is bad. you might need to replace that. check for tie rods movement, upper control arm, ball joint, bearing movement etc etc etc...

i usually do it with the wheel still on because it gives me more leverage.

some tire shops don't really do a good job. a

as of shaking while braking, it's ur rotors.
              are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

tires wearing unevenly.
                Happen to me.

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

it could be tire are no good, unbalance...

Wheel alignment no good

shocks are not properly in place

FLAT TIRE
                  VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
                  1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
                  MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

when you say high speeds are you talking about hard accelerating? i have esp mounts which chime in on it but it was bad before did all my swapping. i know i need balljoints and alignment... so im thinkin thats the culprit...
                    Members Ride sold...
                    I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

i would say rack and pinnion. reason is because the way you described it and i had that same problem. aslo the alighnment doesnt help either. check bushings too.
                      Accord SE

93se
                      Members Ride
                      Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
                      Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

Originally posted by mercyboy View Post
                        it could be tire are no good, unbalance...

Wheel alignment no good

shocks are not properly in place

FLAT TIRE
                        I just checked my tire pressures and are all at 32psi and I know my alignment is off and am going to get it fixed next friday.

Originally posted by loud92CB7 View Post
                        when you say high speeds are you talking about hard accelerating? i have esp mounts which chime in on it but it was bad before did all my swapping. i know i need balljoints and alignment... so im thinkin thats the culprit...
                        When I say high speeds I mean 70+mph..I know one motor mount is bad, but I dont think its to the point that its going to make my car shake that bad..I just replaced the dog bone 3 weeks ago with a better one and nothing changed..

Originally posted by esskater892 View Post
                        i would say rack and pinnion. reason is because the way you described it and i had that same problem. aslo the alighnment doesnt help either. check bushings too.
                        All my bushings are new since I just replaced my inner and outer tie rods, but it seems that they dont work anymore because I just picked the car up and the tie rods were loose and the R/P might be the one causing it..

I am going to get an alignment and am going to get my discs checked, but from what I see they feel even and dont look warped to me..

Its probably going to end up being my R/P, but im going to get an alignment just in case..

Rush

Comment

I have the same issue...

my car use to shake really bad before I change tires, then it was smooth for awhile, now its happening agian becaue I found out the my rack and pinion is pretty much f--k up because I never fix it. What I mean is I never fix my leaks under the car fron all the power steerring fluid under the chassie fron the pump and from the busted boots near the outer tie rods. my outer tie rods are new but thats not the problem, which is what I thought along with everything else. In a nut shell man check your ball joints, upper and lower along with your rack and pinion.. I'm changing my rack and pinion along with my lower bal joints, any good deals out there?

Putting my 2 cents in alright, anybody have change for a half penny? Ok that didn't make cent.. WTF?

Comment

I put a new (rebuilt) driveshaft on my car and it was bent. It would shake at freeway speeds when I accelerated, coasting was not as bad. You could have gotten a bad one too.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Originally posted by krb92accord View Post
                              my car use to shake really bad before I change tires, then it was smooth for awhile, now its happening agian becaue I found out the my rack and pinion is pretty much f--k up because I never fix it. What I mean is I never fix my leaks under the car fron all the power steerring fluid under the chassie fron the pump and from the busted boots near the outer tie rods. my outer tie rods are new but thats not the problem, which is what I thought along with everything else. In a nut shell man check your ball joints, upper and lower along with your rack and pinion.. I'm changing my rack and pinion along with my lower bal joints, any good deals out there?
                              Alright..well I got an alignment yesterday and most of the highway shaking is gone..my rotor is warped on the driver side..I had an ABS code for high power leak, but dont have any leaks..I think thats what is messing up my R/P..I will probably have to replace it and am also going to have to replace the ball joints..thanx

Originally posted by wherm View Post
                              I put a new (rebuilt) driveshaft on my car and it was bent. It would shake at freeway speeds when I accelerated, coasting was not as bad. You could have gotten a bad one too.
                              Well mine were rebuilt, they were the original ones from my CB..it still shakes at around 70mph but not as bad as it used to..

Rush

Comment

Working...
                              X