looking for good coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for good coilovers

hey guys im on the look out for a good set of coilovers at a reasonable price.
    i found these but are they just cheap cause they suck or what.http://www.speedstash.com/coilovers.html

can anyone sugest any good coilovers for a good price. also what are u guys running and do u like what u have?

As far as sleeve coilovers go, Ground Control or go home. There are no others. Maybe some Skunk2's but they are REALLY stiff. For full coilover systems, look at all Tein setups, as well as Omnipower.

Edit: The coilovers you posted in that link are :thumbsdow
    Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
    The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

crap same as mine kinda junk man junk..

Comment

ok well ill stay away from those then. i didnt think they were any good anyway. im looking for a full kit so ill check out tein and omnipower

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
          ok well ill stay away from those then. i didnt think they were any good anyway. im looking for a full kit so ill check out tein and omnipower
          Even if you want to go w/ sleeves, Ground Control/Koni Yellow setup is pretty elite.
          Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
          The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

DropZones, IMO, will probably compare with skunk2 coilovers. why you ask? well skunk2s usually come with real high spring rates just like any other coilover other than groundcontrol. Since DropZones come with a lifetime warranty they are a lil better than generics cuz if they start to sag then use the warranty. Skunk2s look like they wont sag like generics since they have good reputation but also cost a lot more than DropZones. IMO they are pretty much equal to each other other than the price differences. Only good coilover/sleeve over is groundcontrols like everyone said. I had arospeed coilovers (yellow w/ red top hats) and they suck!

For full coilover types i personally have NEX from ebay and they ride pretty good. For $500 they ride for the price. Very small kine bouncy but i live in Hawaii and if you read about our roads.... its like driving on loose gravel and uneven roads. Im happy with my set up though but i would prefer adjustables. Like everyone else would say Teins ride excellent. My friend had the tokico coilover, for an integra, and they were good but i didnt get to feel the full experience... rode around a parking lot. The lot had a few bumps here and there and so on and they were fine to me. i liked it. But yea ill save the rest for personal experiences.

Comment

thanks guys, i rode in saucys car with his teins and it was real nice, thats the way i want my car to ride one day but their so friggen expensive. im gunna keep looking. thanks again.

Comment

save your cash for a full coilover setup such as omni or tein you will be better off ive gone through about 3 sets of different sleeves none will ever compare to a full setup.

its like nothing in the world. definition of relaxation.

Comment

Originally posted by DRAGGEN
                  save your cash for a full coilover setup such as omni or tein you will be better off ive gone through about 3 sets of different sleeves none will ever compare to a full setup.
                  gotcha, thats what i was thinking about doing. any place u would suggest getting them from?

Comment

those low end "full coilovers" are overrated. i'd stick with a GC/kyb agx combo for a good daily driving car and i'd go with custom GC rates or skunk2 coilovers with koni yellows for some race action. btw koni shocks >>> low end tein, nex....... and the high end "full coilovers" cost way too much for a daily driver.
                    91 4DR Accord LX White Auto
                    Generic Mugen Lip
                    Generic Intake
                    EX 4-2-1 Header
                    Dynomax Muffler
                    Skunk2 Coilovers 560lb/in and Koni Yellows
                    ST Rear Sway Bar
                    17" Eagle Alloys/Kumho 711's

Comment

Originally posted by d21x
                      btw koni shocks >>> low end tein, nex....... and the high end "full coilovers" cost way too much for a daily driver.
                      Tein=low?!?!?!?
                      whats up with that. i couldnt believe saucys car when he took me for a spin. it was like we werent even turning. i thought teins where in the high end.

Comment

nex possibly put them in the moderate range. as for tein they are one of the best out there remember the rule still applies "you get what you pay for" im refering to tein superstreet. Maybe it came across i was refering to their springs which are to soft. This is only my opinion but keep in mind i am setting up a surprise for the next autocross season.

its like nothing in the world. definition of relaxation.

Comment

Working...
                        X