PLEASE HELP!! Coil-overs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLEASE HELP!! Coil-overs

ok so i put my megan sleeves and coils on today and im sitting with a two finger gap front and rear (which really isnt much, tires are 205/40/17). the problem is i have no strut travel at all! the bump stops were cut in half but when you look in the front the car is just sitting on the bump stops and the rears have about 1/2" of travel and thats it.

idk if these are the wrong coils they sent me or what the deal is?!

Please guys help me out!

Official CIVICKILLER's members ride thread! http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=112829

rock her with the shocker!

bump, cmon guys....

Official CIVICKILLER's members ride thread! http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=112829

Comment

if you're using stock shocks then that's your problem. stock shocks aren't meant to handle more than about 1.5-1.8" of being lowered. so, get some performance shocks.

Comment

i got gr-2's for now, but even ifi only set it at like 1.5" it just sits on the bump stops like there is not enough coil or something? is it because i still have the bumpstops in?

Comment

How long are your springs?

Click it.... You know you wanna
          Bought from:Joshy,H22WAGON93, nho93accord,90accordLXGUY,phantomCB7,Tommi

Comment

That isn't normal. It sounds like you have the wrong springs to me.
            There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

can u get us a pic so we can estabish a problem.one of just the coil and sleve and one on the car whith the wheel off.

my new turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
                can u get us a pic so we can estabish a problem.one of just the coil and sleve and one on the car whith the wheel off.
                ill have to get one on monday im kinda thinking i got civic coils or something?

Comment

Originally posted by civickiller View Post
                  ill have to get one on monday im kinda thinking i got civic coils or something?
                  read your name.. karma? sorry just couldnt help it. but it seems like they sent you the wrong sent of springs. even if your using stock shocks, you would have at least a little travel on the bump stops.

Comment

you need shorter springs or extended top hats.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

where would i be able to pick up extended top hats? i talked to the seller that sold me them and he said he was positive he didnt send civic coils due to the fact he doesnt even stock them. he said i may need to eliminate the bump stops to give me some travel.

Comment

if your shock needs the extra length of travel that removing the bump stop provides, then you are already too close to the limit. Also, you wouldn't need shorter springs, you'd need longer springs.

Comment

trust me, you need shorter springs.
                          I <3 G60.

Comment

no, if you have shorter springs then you're pushing the shock body and the bump stop even closer together, creating even less travel.

Comment

oh yea, i thought he wanted to go lower for some reason.
                              I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                              X