KYB GR-2's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KYB GR-2's

ok so i just ditched my skunk2 lowering springs for some megan coilover sleeves. the springrate is 450f and 350r on the megans, im not sure what the skunks were. anyways im running GR-2's and im gonna keep the same height in the front as i had with skunk2's so i think the front struts will do ok since they never blew with the skunks and i got like 18k on them. Im plannin on dropping the rear about 3/4" more then the skunks had, do you think the struts will be ok? the drop in the rear from the skunks was only 1.8"?

Official CIVICKILLER's members ride thread! http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=112829

rock her with the shocker!

GR2 are base model KYB's. So basically, modify at your own risk, as they aren't made to support lowered cars. They could last you a while though.
    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

i thought they were designed to support a small drop?

Official CIVICKILLER's members ride thread! http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=112829

Comment

15 seconds use of google brought this up. Clearly states that GR-2 are made to restore car to original handling specs.

http://www.kyb.com/products/shocks/how_to_choose.php

Comment

my skunk2's didnt hurt the struts at all though. hmmmm.

Comment

Buy them then. Just don't be surprised if they die.

Comment

Save ur pennies and get Illuminas

Otherwise ur wasting ur money

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                Save ur pennies and get Koni Yellow's

Otherwise ur wasting ur money
                fixed

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
                  fixed
                  Werd. Or bilsteins.

Comment

i already have the GR-2's ive ran them for like 12k and they still are like new, no leaks or nothing. probably gonna just run them til i get m oney for some upgraded ones.

Comment

I have kyb gr-2's with about a 1-2 inch drop. Really you should only use them for a 1-2 inch drop. The car handles alot better with them and overall feels better then before. Dont let anyone tell you " base model " they are exactly the same as the AGX's exept they dont have adjustable settings which isnt even nessary if your not putting the car on the track.

Comment

mines bottom out.

Comment

Originally posted by CBRIDE View Post
                          mines bottom out.
                          well how low are you?

im not plannin on goin more than 2.25" anyway so it wont be nothing extreme. im not gonna dump the car even though i wish i could.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                            I have kyb gr-2's with about a 1-2 inch drop. Really you should only use them for a 1-2 inch drop. The car handles alot better with them and overall feels better then before. Dont let anyone tell you " base model " they are exactly the same as the AGX's exept they dont have adjustable settings which isnt even nessary if your not putting the car on the track.
                            This is not true. They are OEM spec shocks. You might as well get Monroe Sensatracs. They prob just felt better than your 13 year old shocks.

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                              This is not true. They are OEM spec shocks. You might as well get Monroe Sensatracs. They prob just felt better than your 13 year old shocks.
                              Well of course they felt better but that dosent change the fact that they are just non adjustable AGX's.

Also they are nitrogen charged where as oem struts arent so they arent " OEM " quality or else they would be oil.

Comment

Working...
                              X