would i need camber kit for 1.75 drop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would i need camber kit for 1.75 drop?

dropped my car 1.75 front and 1.50 rear, im doing the washer trick for the rear and was planning on getting the spc adjustable for front but want to know do i need it or can i just get it alignment and be ok? or is there a washer trick for the front camber as well? i can get the camber just dont wanna fork up the cash since ive already bought tons of toys for my car m think i could use it on other more important things like vacation or paying bills

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

the washer trick would work for the rear but just remember to get longer bolts if more washers are added. for fronts i would still get a camber kit, for the more leeway it gives you to adjust or easier to align. some people say its not needed, but i would go with your own preference. for me i would rather buy a camber kit, and dont have to spend money on new tires everytime there is enough camber wear. and if its your dd i would get both especially in the winter the more the tire contacts the ground more traction. and you might not need it as much as me, since im dropped more than you are.

Turbo Setup: 100%

Comment

My old CB was dropped an inch and a half. And even with the stresses of living on a backroad, I never needed one, nor needed to do the washer trick.

They say a good rule of thumb is any lower than 2", a camber kit is needed. See how you go without one, but hold onto some cash just in case you do.

That's just my 2 cents. Up to you.

life is good.

Comment

no, as long as you get alignments 1.75" shouldnt chew your tires out.

Comment

I got about the same drop. the rears the alignment guy didnt have to do anything. with the OEM set up it can be corrected without spacers.

for the fron I used SPC ball joints.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

I'm running a drop of 2.25" front, 2" rear. No camber kit, no issues. You won't need one unless you plan on using your car on a race track where pre-set camber is needed for turns and tire surface traction.

Comment

cool =) i guess i just saved some green , i am gonna take it to alignment jst because there is some camber but not too much and cvar only been dropped a few weeks so tires should be good

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Hey Jaber, how'd the whole process go? did you get it aligned and everything, and did they recommend that camber correction?

life is good.

Comment

nope, im dropped 2.25" and my front camber is -1.7 and rear is -1.3

i think it changed when i put my 16" rims on because i used to be at -2 and -1.5
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

will kyb struts be good for my drop? my car auto too so there aint too much beating on it

Comment

Originally posted by JaberCB7
                      will kyb struts be good for my drop? my car auto too so there aint too much beating on it
                      kyb is pretty much just the oem replacement.
                      i recommend something better.

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD View Post
                        kyb is pretty much just the oem replacement.
                        i recommend something better.
                        what do you recomend. i like the stock feel, but dont like it to bounch more than once ater i take a pot hole or w/e

Comment

koni yellows.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I love my kyb agx. adjustable and I can make it ride like stock or make it more fun.

I used gr2 before, didnt like the rebound.
                            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by JaberCB7 View Post
                              what do you recomend. i like the stock feel, but dont like it to bounch more than once ater i take a pot hole or w/e
                              tokico blue
                              The beginning of a new era............................
                              165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                              184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Working...
                              X