Methos of setting the ride hight on coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Methos of setting the ride hight on coilovers

As the title say what was you guys use to set the hight on the suspension, what are you measuring from where to where?

i currently measure the distance from the bottom of the screw thread up til the spring perch. but it seems that its not accurate enough

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
    UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
    NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

I zero out everything (In other words everything is set to equal ride height). I put them on and debating on the customer I will raise it to there liking and what not. I use a tape measure most of the time and it seems to work. If the car has preload and the driver is kind of big I usually give it a turn to a turn and a half depending on how well the spring is preloaded to compensate. I dont do that often as it sometimes might throw off the balance of the vehicle. But overall a measuring device of some sort will set your coilovers pretty exact. All the people I have done havent complained so I gotta be doing something right.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

the car will always sit differently. I measure it from the bottom of the thread to spring perch but weight will always set the heights differently. Fenders/body are different as well.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

technically on TRUE coils you are supposed to not touch the spring perch but rather the shock body adjustment. PITA but thats the proper way to adjust it.
        frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

If their not true or "full" adjustable (the hieght is adjusted with the spring being compressed/decompressed) then measure it like Nail05

if it is full adjustable (where you adjust the height by the shock body and not the spring movement) do it like xkjinboix said!

what kind of coilovers do you have? are they a one peice or a strut/spring(sleeve) combo?

Comment

Originally posted by MyDianaZ06 View Post
            If their not true or "full" adjustable (the hieght is adjusted with the spring being compressed/decompressed) then measure it like Nail05

if it is full adjustable (where you adjust the height by the shock body and not the spring movement) do it like xkjinboix said!

what kind of coilovers do you have? are they a one peice or a strut/spring(sleeve) combo?
            well have strut spring combo, up front Weitec Struts and Megan racing coilover sleeves and i had the same at rear, but this what happened, as you can see a big gap and with the bump stop and a little load doesn't give much travel

and so i changed them at the rear in irritation, but thinking of putting them back on again, if someone knows about this gap issue or had same probs or how to solve it to make them work?? (fronts fit fine btw)
            Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 12-08-2009, 03:32 PM.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Thats the problem with sleeve over coil overs. But the travel issue is kinda solved with the weight of the vehicle. My old spring/strut setup used to be like that until you put weight on the vehicle. You can raise the coil over up to seat the spring against the top hat but that will take away from lowering the vehicle.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

spin them to the bottom.

done

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

^^X2, slam that shit. But I go by the threads on the coil, start count from the bottom up, and set it on what height I think is right for me.

Comment

Originally posted by AstroVannin View Post
                    spin them to the bottom.

done
                    Originally posted by Vila View Post
                    ^^X2, slam that shit. But I go by the threads on the coil, start count from the bottom up, and set it on what height I think is right for me.

Low enough for u?

old pic when i ran the "slammed on Steelies" look. 2 finger gap under the front mudflaps, and in the UK thats pushing it really.

Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 12-13-2009, 09:18 PM.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

put them on, do some measuring, and then readjust accordingly.
                      MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X