installed camber correction and now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

installed camber correction and now

ok i need help.. as u guys might see in my members ride thread my car is pretty low.. well i installed a camber correction kit today and new front sway bar bushings and rotated my tires.. but after i did all this now when i drive my car it makes a knocking noise going over bumps, potholes, sewers, i
    could it be since because i put the camber correction kit on and that pretty much makes the upper control arms go out more and the upper control arm is hitting the wheel well? i kno my shocks arent blown they are brand new tokico illuminas.. what is it guys please help thank you
    MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

1991 Honda Accord EX - MY NEW ONE
    1991 Honda Accord LX - Impounded and GONE
    1993 Honda Accord EX H22 - SOLD

BTW IM NOT TURBO.. I WAS GOING TO GO TURBO WITH MY FIRST CB.. BUT IT GOT IMPOUNDED

anyone
    MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

BTW IM NOT TURBO.. I WAS GOING TO GO TURBO WITH MY FIRST CB.. BUT IT GOT IMPOUNDED

Comment

I want to say that it's because of how low you are and everything but I can't find the right thread on it right now. Having that noise has been brought up on here before. Where's Josh when you need him lol. I'll keep looking.

EDIT:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...knocking+noise
      Last edited by Brandoncb7; 10-24-2009, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7xTURBO View Post
        ok i need help.. as u guys might see in my members ride thread my car is pretty low.. well i installed a camber correction kit today and new front sway bar bushings and rotated my tires.. but after i did all this now when i drive my car it makes a knocking noise going over bumps, potholes, sewers, i
        could it be since because i put the camber correction kit on and that pretty much makes the upper control arms go out more and the upper control arm is hitting the wheel well? i kno my shocks arent blown they are brand new tokico illuminas.. what is it guys please help thank you
        What brand camber kit is it. I have spc on mine my drop is 2 1/4 and it bangs going over bumps as well. I'm bout to take it off mine and see if there's anything better.

the sedan
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=134302
        the wagon
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150426
        the integra
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=160603

Comment

Check here: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=119467
          Did the noise literally happen after the changes or soon after?
          The front upper "A" arms could very possibly be hitting on the inner guard causing the noise.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

it immediately happened right after camber correction, rotation, and sway bar end link bushings..

as for the camber correction.. its not the balljoint one.. its the one that replaces the original bolts/bushing that holds the control arm up.. i dont kno what to call it lol.. i think its a progress one..

is it bad to have it like this?
            MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

Comment

anyone else?
              MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

Comment

go under your car, and look for marks and such like stratches and stuff to see wat is hitting wat, and dont forget to take pics

Comment

Is it bad to have that knocking? i went canyon last night with another member on here.. seemed fine but scary hearing that
                  MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

Comment

yes its fine, as with every single person with a camber kit...the noise is the upper arms hitting the inner fender well.

no way to fix it besides take it off from what i gather.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

do u have that noise too? since u are slammed as fawk.. btw i love your ride.. i have the same wheels in in storage but in gold.. only thing is they are 15s
                      MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

Comment

id suggest putting the camber correction at it's minimum setting. Ive seen upper balljoints fall out because of the banging.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

the camber correction pretty only has 2 settings either camber corrected or flip them and get the camber back cuz then the arm will go back to its original place
                          MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

Comment

Originally posted by CB7xTURBO View Post
                            do u have that noise too? since u are slammed as fawk.. btw i love your ride.. i have the same wheels in in storage but in gold.. only thing is they are 15s
                            lol no...i dont want camber correction.

i want more of it!

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

The sound is the camber kit hitting right inside the strut tower. I had to cut out a relief for the camber kit to clear.

Its a very common issue, but as far as I know I'm the only one to chop it. It's safe if you know what your doing and re-weld a patch on top if you don't want a hole. You can even plug weld if you wan't it to look stock.

I currently left my holes open, I think it look kinda cool with the camber kit stickin into the engine bay.

GOT F?

Comment

Working...
                              X