Better than Stock Suspension?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better than Stock Suspension?

Hi everybody. I have a 92 EX with original 49599 miles on it.

My problem is that it rides in Brazil in a place with rough roads, full of bumps and irregularities that will not allow me to lower it.

Soon I'll have to change my shocks and coils. Is there anything in the US market better than OEM parts that would keep the confort for my bumpy rides?

I guess I have to trade performance, which I don't really need, for confort because of our streets.

I would love to drop it, though!

Best regards and thanks for the forum, I've been learning a lot.

Fespa
    Last edited by Fespa; 12-14-2004, 03:27 PM.
    92 Accord EX

bumpy roads exist everywhere... new york city, downtown los angeles, brazil, the u.k., japan etc. etc.

you can have a lowered ride anywhere, it's a matter of comfort, which is of course subjective. what's comfortable to one person may not be comfortable to another.

if you don't want to lower it, just continue with oem parts. i don't see how getting parts from the u.s. would be cheaper than getting them in brazil (i'm assuming that you can get oem parts in brazil).

neuspeed makes a soft sport spring, which has a super mild drop- i believe it's 0.75 inches. the price is $239.95 directly from neuspeed. interestingly enough, all of neuspeed's springs for the cb7 are the same price ($239.95). i'm not sure how much shipping would be to brazil, but i would assume that the cost of those springs plus shipping would far exceed the price of oem springs in brazil. with that said, i'm not sure if the price of this 'upgrade' would be worth it.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Yes, all prices on Neuspeed springs are the same, but you can definitely beat the price by about 100 if you shop around.

I would not recomend the sofsport springs tho. Ken (Woahna) had them and he said if anything it raised his car compared to his old stock (settled) springs. I don't think it would give you the drop you're looking for.

I would recommend the Eibach Pro-kit. Just enough drop I believe you'd notice it, but still enough gap to not have anything be a concern.

Comment

i'd go with eibach prokits, thats what i've run in the past and its stiff and soft enough for the worsts roads. For shocks i would get either tokico blue or kyb agx, because the springs arent stiff enough to require anything better.
        91 4DR Accord LX White Auto
        Generic Mugen Lip
        Generic Intake
        EX 4-2-1 Header
        Dynomax Muffler
        Skunk2 Coilovers 560lb/in and Koni Yellows
        ST Rear Sway Bar
        17" Eagle Alloys/Kumho 711's

Comment

Thanks for the answers and the info.

Belive me when I tell you that our roads are very bad. I come across many lowered cars, everyday, that are not able to shift second gear because of the bumps and potholes.

Anyway, to give you an idea of prices I called Honda and got a quote for a set of OEM springs. U$ 848,00. How about it?

That is why every brazilian tries to bring parts from the US.

So the Eibach springs and a Tokico Blue would give me some drop while keeping a comfortable ride?
          How would you rate it, comfortwise, if compared with stocks?

Thanks again for all the help.

By the way, I'll soon have the same problem with brakes. For the local OEM price I think I could get a better set, right?
          92 Accord EX

Comment

yeah bro dont pay 845 for stockers LOL, you can get a nice suspension kit for 800, you can go with somehting like tein basics for that price. You can also go with a nice H and R cup kit. With brakes well help you when you post up. Dont spend 848 on oem ones.
            To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Originally posted by Fespa
              So the Eibach springs and a Tokico Blue would give me some drop while keeping a comfortable ride?

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1003

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

[QUOTE=Fespa]
                QUOTE]

I used to run the Eibach Prokits and Tokico Blue setup. A lil firmer than OEM, but nowhere near as stiff at my new setup (Skunk Coilovers 10kg/mm all four corners and Koni Yellows, HORRIBLE ON STREET ROADS!!!). Gives you a 1.25" drop, better than oem but not as low as I'd like it.

I did autox on the Prokits and Tokico blue and it understeers (no rear sway bar either) but the handling was decent.
                91 4DR Accord LX White Auto
                Generic Mugen Lip
                Generic Intake
                EX 4-2-1 Header
                Dynomax Muffler
                Skunk2 Coilovers 560lb/in and Koni Yellows
                ST Rear Sway Bar
                17" Eagle Alloys/Kumho 711's

Comment

Working...
                X