Lowered front end, Camber reads...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowered front end, Camber reads...

So lowered my front end to get rid of the hideous gap but after getting my alignment, it showed I have -3.5 camber... My drop isn't TOO dumped for my camber to be that deep is it? regardless, I'll be ordering some SPC camber kits. just curious. here's a couple pics.

from this...

to...

Patiently Waiting.

MRT

For X bump displacement (as you get with lowering ride height), you typically will get subtantially more negative camber increase with a 'double wishbone' suspension than with a MacPherson Strut. This is the main reason why a well designed DW suspension is inherantly superior to Mac Strut suspension, i.e the DW has a superior 'camber curve' (more camber change wirth suspension motion).

Your 3.5° camber seems too much to me, especially as it's not Mac Strut (which due to it's poor geometry requires a lot of static neg camber for 'sports' driving), but is DW, (which due to it's good geometry, doesn't).
    Regards from Oz,
    John.

Comment

Originally posted by johnl View Post
      For X bump displacement (as you get with lowering ride height), you typically will get subtantially more negative camber increase with a 'double wishbone' suspension than with a MacPherson Strut. This is the main reason why a well designed DW suspension is inherantly superior to Mac Strut suspension, i.e the DW has a superior 'camber curve' (more camber change wirth suspension motion).

Your 3.5° camber seems too much to me, especially as it's not Mac Strut (which due to it's poor geometry requires a lot of static neg camber for 'sports' driving), but is DW, (which due to it's good geometry, doesn't).
      Yea but dude is prob 3" below stock, and with the unequal length setup we have the camber's gonna get more extreme as you go lower. Those readings are definitely possible.

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Ok so the readings of -3.5 is definately possible after lowering the car around 3"? I was wondering if it was possible to have over tightened the lower fork bolt or somthing and some how caused the camber to be so wierd. Idk, I've never been this low so I wasn't sure if -3.5 was what I shouldv'e expected.
        Patiently Waiting.

MRT

Comment

I don't know anything about camber, but your car looks clean as hell man. What kind and size rims are those?

Comment

Thanks man, their 18" DR9/. I beleive their replicas tho.
            Last edited by Freshagen; 09-25-2009, 02:53 PM.
            Patiently Waiting.

MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Freshagen View Post
              Ok so the readings of -3.5 is definately possible after lowering the car around 3"? I was wondering if it was possible to have over tightened the lower fork bolt or somthing and some how caused the camber to be so wierd. Idk, I've never been this low so I wasn't sure if -3.5 was what I shouldv'e expected.
              Yea that will def do it. It would be smart to just try to get maybe -1.5 degrees camber, you will have no kind of UCA clearance if you bring it back to zero with any camber kit.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                Yea that will def do it.
                did you mean me tightening the lower fork bolt will do it? or being 3" down will? haha. thanks for all ur time bro in tryin to help me out
                Patiently Waiting.

MRT

Comment

that sounds feasible. im dropped 3" on the project car and those tires tuck way in.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

did you mean me tightening the lower fork bolt will do it? or being 3" down will? haha. thanks for all ur time bro in tryin to help me out
                    Being 3" down will. No modifications on our shocks will change camber at a different height.

Comment

ok cool. I'm about to order the SPC kit and I know that I want the the newer style so that there's a lesser chance it'll knock the inner well. Is this the newer kit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SPC-F...Q5fAccessories

is this the one with the slim top nut?
                      Patiently Waiting.

MRT

Comment

3.5 is perfect lol!

i rolled -4 on mine before i got the 16's and actually tried for more camber...

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen View Post
                          3.5 is perfect lol!

i rolled -4 on mine before i got the 16's and actually tried for more camber...
                          fuck, I would agree with you if this wasn't my DD. haha. I would love to throw in some spacers and addz te cambahh, but fuck.. i got no bread for new sets of tires every couple of months, haha
                          Patiently Waiting.

MRT

Comment

ok cool. I'm about to order the SPC kit and I know that I want the the newer style so that there's a lesser chance it'll knock the inner well. Is this the newer kit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SPC-F...Q5fAccessories

is this the one with the slim top nut?
                            ?
                            Patiently Waiting.

MRT

Comment

yea
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X