What shocks????!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What shocks????!?!?

I am pretty sure I need new shocks... car is getting a little bouncy.

Right now I have 440/300 sleeves on pretty beat Illuminas, and H&R Sports sitting in a box.

I had my heart set on Koni Yellows but ehhhh. If I get another set of Illuminas, I can send the ones on my car back and sell the new ones I get back. Or I could just get Koni Oranges which will go OK w/my springs

???????

I think I'm just gonna get the Konis

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Get konis , sell illuminas

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

strt
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
        I think I'm just gonna get the Konis
        You already know what to do, Yaw.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          X2. Brotha Glory, you should no better homie.
          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

But the $$$.....

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

But once it's spent, you won't miss it anymore. But you WILL like your ride with good shocks! That will be ongoing. When you forget how much money you parted with, you'll start saying "I'm glad I didn't buy cheap crap shocks instead of these Konis!"

Plus... lifetime warranty, bruh. You'll never have to buy shocks again!

Comment

I'm gonna be a guinea pig again and go with the Koni STR.Ts

My car's not slammed (1 finger gap on 205-55R16s) and I plan on running softer rates (300/175, with the rear raised 1/2") and I have heard good things about them on Civics/Integras...

I just can't justify $500 shocks on a car I plan on driving 3-6 more months... I'm only replacing the Illuminas cause they're blown.

Review to come soon...

Comment

Got a turbo boost from xaaronx on the quality of these... gonna get em next month... full review to come soon

Comment

I've heard good things.
                    It's Koni's "entry level" offering, but the Koni site says that they're good as stock replacement OR for "vehicle improvement". They also have a lifetime warranty, like the other Koni models. There is no mention on the Koni website as to how far these shocks can be lowered. I assume that they're made to take abuse just like the better models. They are the only non-adjustable Konis for our cars.

Comment

I've heard good things.
                      It's Koni's "entry level" offering, but the Koni site says that they're good as stock replacement OR for "vehicle improvement". They also have a lifetime warranty, like the other Koni models. There is no mention on the Koni website as to how far these shocks can be lowered. I assume that they're made to take abuse just like the better models. They are the only non-adjustable Konis for our cars.
                      Yea I think they will work well for what I need to do. It's a real shame our UCAs limit travel so much. Ride quality would be better if we just had about 2" more clearance for them.

I know my ride quality will improve tremendously with this setup. 50%/66% reduction in spring rates, and I'll be within 50# from stock on both ends. So the rates should be fine. And the shafts are shortened by about an inch I believe, which will also help with ride.

Next car will definitely have a MacPherson struts and prob Nex or D2 coilovers. It's pretty ridiculous on BK streets

Comment

Personally, I would contact Koni and ask them which shock is best with H&R sport springs and will last. I am not sold that the Koni STR.Ts will hold, based on their website verbiage.

I think the Koni Reds are a better match, if you want something cheaper than Yellows.

I would even consider new Illuminas for a match, again call Tokico.
                        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

My current setup has turned me off from Tokicos. The shocks aren't quite gone yet, but I don't know if the ride sucks because they're so old, or because the shocks just aren't that good.

I do not think Koni would put out shit shocks and sully their good reputation. Even if the shocks aren't made by Koni themselves, Koni had enough involvement with the design of them to call them their own. These have been recieved pretty well by the Civic/Integra community, with some pretty good highly technical reviews. Plus again, the shafts are shortened, and I'm only going up about 50# from stock spring rates (not more than 30%). Longevity's not really a concern, and I'm not road racing the thing... I think these will be a good fit.

Comment

it's not the best picture but it's the only one i really have of my car right now. this is with the koni str.t struts, rs*r down springs for the 94-97, and 205/55/15 tires

ride quality is A+ so far. i might trim the front bumpstops about a half inch though. almost seems like they're resting on them and it's making the front end sit a little higher than what (i think) it should
                            90 ACCORD EX..<-- MR thread

Comment

Originally posted by xaaronx View Post
                              it's not the best picture but it's the only one i really have of my car right now. this is with the koni str.t struts, rs*r down springs for the 94-97, and 205/55/15 tires

ride quality is A+ so far. i might trim the front bumpstops about a half inch though. almost seems like they're resting on them and it's making the front end sit a little higher than what (i think) it should
                              Did the shocks come with bumpstops?

For that drop there is no reason you should be on the bumpstops.

And over time (a much longer time) the shocks will settle. It is a fact that new shocks sit higher than old shocks. I have seen this quite a few times on my own cars.

Comment

Working...
                              X