hit the curb.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hit the curb.

ok yea i was making a right hand turn and i wasnt paying attention and there was a curb median on the left and i hit it pretty hard, wasnt going that fast maybe like 10. so i hit it and the wheel jerks hard to the right and now the car pulls hard to the right, the steering wheel is fucked up too. i have to hold it 180 degrees left to keep the car moving straight. the left wheel isnt bend or anything but it has positive camber and rubs on the inner well. i jacked up the car everything looks fine. what all could it be so i can go to the junk yard and get this shit right again? i know i'll need an alighnment job afterwards. please help!!

1991 Lx coupe........traded now I have nothing lol

Might have bent your tie rods - best way is to get under there and take a look.

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
      Might have bent your tie rods - best way is to get under there and take a look.
      i did i have the car up right now, i know they have a bend to them already, so i cant tell if they're bent more than they should be.

Comment

Time to hit up the JY - wednesday is half off day!

Comment

is the gsquare lip ok?

with my car, if i hit a curb my whole front end is smashed lol.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
            Time to hit up the JY - wednesday is half off day!
            shit i would have today but i have no money till tomorrow!!

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen View Post
              is the gsquare lip ok?

with my car, if i hit a curb my whole front end is smashed lol.
              i have had the lip off for a while now, so yes its fine thank god.

Comment

I did the same thing back in Dec. 2007, mine had positive camber and pulled hard to right just like yours.

I had to replace the front piece that has the tie rods and front motor mount on it, pass. tie rod, pass. control arm, and still need to replace the piece behind the motor that has the steering rack and everything else on it.

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

Originally posted by 90ACCORDLXGUY View Post
                  I did the same thing back in Dec. 2007, mine had positive camber and pulled hard to right just like yours.

I had to replace the front piece that has the tie rods and front motor mount on it, pass. tie rod, pass. control arm, and still need to replace the piece behind the motor that has the steering rack and everything else on it.
                  shit, sounds like alot of stuff. i'll just go to the junk yard and take everyuthing from left and right wells

Comment

could be your LCA's too.

i hit the curb back when it was snowing hit the rear side. and bent both of my LCA's. and it was cocked to the right.

i got that replaced and the wheel is almost perfect. just need an alignment still.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                    2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Originally posted by cleanjdm View Post
                      shit, sounds like alot of stuff. i'll just go to the junk yard and take everyuthing from left and right wells
                      Would be a good time to order a polyurethane bushing master kit for the front end!

Comment

If you hit the curb with front wheel...
                        There are basic repair must be done for safty and future problems.

1. Replace the front strut. (shock)
                        2. Replace the hub bearing.
                        3. Replace the knucle.
                        4. Inspect the control arm for any damage and if needed replace it.
                        5. Wheel Alignment is needed.
                        1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
                        2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
                        3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
                        4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
                        5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

Hitting curbs suck!!!

Ride List
                          1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                          2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                          newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

Originally posted by blazenem View Post
                            Hitting curbs suck!!!
                            Indeed it does. This is an alignment chart after I hit a curb with both passenger side wheels after hitting a patch of ice last winter (on my currently retired 93' LX; hoping to repair next summer when I am back in Utah).

Originally posted by sweet91accord
                            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by vietkid_2006 View Post
                              could be your LCA's too.

i hit the curb back when it was snowing hit the rear side. and bent both of my LCA's. and it was cocked to the right.

i got that replaced and the wheel is almost perfect. just need an alignment still.
                              i think those are my problem, how many and where are they? im jes getting into this suspension stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X