When I hit a bump or pothole, I hear jiggling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I hit a bump or pothole, I hear jiggling

Aight heres my set up. Eibach sportlines with agx adjustables. Set at 3 in the front...6 in the back. Rides so and so....however...i hear jiggling on my right front everytime i hit a bump or pothole. Is something loose because everything seems tight. Is this just a bad set up? Or is it supposed to be like this? It drives me crazy. Also anyone with this set up.....did you guys purchase a camber kit in the front? I got motegi FF6's 17".....Whats wrong here?

I am no longer using this forum name.
    You can find me as
    jdm_inspired...
    I'm starting all over again since I got another CB.

NOC OUT!!!

if its similar to what i hear on my car, then it might be that the bolt on your amber kit might be loose which is causing your upper control arm jiggle when you hit a pot hole...lift up your car and check it out to see if the arm is loose or something...let me know if you need more help

Originally posted by fizzbob7
    first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
    Originally posted by ACC0RD22
    no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
    So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

i dont have a camber kit. I think i need one. But i didnt check the control arm. I ll check tomorrow. I got work early morning ....and thanks for the help attempt. Ill get back to you on this.

You can find me as
      jdm_inspired...

NOC OUT!!!

Comment

Are your springs lose? If it isn't seated correctly that mght happen

Comment

did you guys use all the oem parts like the rubber thing bottom and top of spring??? Im curious.

You can find me as
          jdm_inspired...

NOC OUT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal CB7
            did you guys use all the oem parts like the rubber thing bottom and top of spring??? Im curious.
            i didn't use the bumpstop cover and one washer.

Comment

i used eveyrhting minus the stuff that was supplied by KYB

Originally posted by fizzbob7
              first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
              Originally posted by ACC0RD22
              no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
              So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

yeh i have the same freeking problem.! i hear a clinging sound when my hits the slightest bump. i figured it has to be my dust boots maybe loose. but anyone with more knowledge give us an idea
                I Ain't cocky,I'm confident.And when u say im the best it's a compliment.!

Comment

Originally posted by EG-Si hatch
                  yeh i have the same freeking problem.! i hear a clinging sound when my hits the slightest bump. i figured it has to be my dust boots maybe loose. but anyone with more knowledge give us an idea
                  dude...i dont even have my dust covers in the front. So that couldnt be it...could it???

You can find me as
                  jdm_inspired...

NOC OUT!!!

Comment

well then we have 2 really different problems, but in any case i coulve sworn it was my dust covers. if u find anything out thought let me noe plz.
                    I Ain't cocky,I'm confident.And when u say im the best it's a compliment.!

Comment

Did you guys install these yourself. If you did, you would have noticed that you needed a hella spring compressor to get your stock springs off and when you put the Eibach Springs on the KYB shocks the tops just fit right on with a loose spring. This concerned me when I installed mine. What is happening is you are not bottoming out, what is happening to you and me and everyone else with this setup is that when your wheels drops into a pot hole or recovers from a hard compression bump you top out the shock and rattle the spring. Unfortunately there is nothing that can stop this from happening since the springs were so low to start with and the shocks were so short. The only real way to stop this is to switch to a spring / damper combo that was made for each other or go to a coilover situation. We had a track day last week and my driving instructor told me that it was fine as long as we didn't get airborne since the springs and shocks were meant to keep the car from going down not up. Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by porter843
                        Did you guys install these yourself. If you did, you would have noticed that you needed a hella spring compressor to get your stock springs off and when you put the Eibach Springs on the KYB shocks the tops just fit right on with a loose spring. This concerned me when I installed mine. What is happening is you are not bottoming out, what is happening to you and me and everyone else with this setup is that when your wheels drops into a pot hole or recovers from a hard compression bump you top out the shock and rattle the spring. Unfortunately there is nothing that can stop this from happening since the springs were so low to start with and the shocks were so short. The only real way to stop this is to switch to a spring / damper combo that was made for each other or go to a coilover situation. We had a track day last week and my driving instructor told me that it was fine as long as we didn't get airborne since the springs and shocks were meant to keep the car from going down not up. Hope this helps!
                        Dude this helped soooooooooo much! Thanx for takin the time to respond. I put apcs coils and they didnt do this.......and i wondered why they did this after. Guess im sellin my Eibachs. Thanx mahn for everything.

You can find me as
                        jdm_inspired...

NOC OUT!!!

Comment

i have this issue on my passenger side, it sounds like a knock as i hit the bumpy roads...but i dont know what it is, and im stock height....??

it really goes when its cold

i have new struts installed but on my old struts it did the same thing.
                          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                            i have this issue on my passenger side, it sounds like a knock as i hit the bumpy roads...but i dont know what it is, and im stock height....??

it really goes when its cold

i have new struts installed but on my old struts it did the same thing.

Same here. My 93 SE does the EXACT same thing! Same conditions and all! And on the same side too! Stock suspension and all...I lifted the car up and thoroughly examined all screws, nuts, etc. and nothing seemed wrong. I am missing a few screws holding the dust cover in place, (that's the plastic piece along the bottom, right? ) but I took that off and drove around for not even a minute and heard the exact same sound. So that's ruled out for me. Then again, I'm not sure how old some of the parts are on my car. But that's a whole other ball of wax.
                            Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                            D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                            ┴─┴
                            ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Originally posted by Masamune
                              Same here. My 93 SE does the EXACT same thing! Same conditions and all! And on the same side too! Stock suspension and all...I lifted the car up and thoroughly examined all screws, nuts, etc. and nothing seemed wrong. I am missing a few screws holding the dust cover in place, (that's the plastic piece along the bottom, right? ) but I took that off and drove around for not even a minute and heard the exact same sound. So that's ruled out for me. Then again, I'm not sure how old some of the parts are on my car. But that's a whole other ball of wax.
                              i was wondering if its the rubber thing on the lower control arm, and its just weak that its clanking against the metal...like an old bushing...?
                              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                              X