Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4th gen lude knucke w/ 5th gen hub = 5 lug accord?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4th gen lude knucke w/ 5th gen hub = 5 lug accord?

I read this awhile back and wondered if this is true. since i have all the parts now minus rims.

Yes but you need to buy new wheel bearings (I think like $90 for the pair, a wise investment regardless). I have this setup waiting to be installed.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i might have to collect some new rims now. do u know if it changed the geometry like the 5th gen base model knuckle does?

Comment

Can we get some more info and pics for this please?

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
        "The Turtle"
        DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by kc8enb07 View Post
          i might have to collect some new rims now. do u know if it changed the geometry like the 5th gen base model knuckle does?
          Well I know people who go 5 lug on 4th gen Preludes swap 5th gen knuckles in front, and have no change in geometry. They swap the rear knuckle too. This leads me to believe 4th and 5th gen Prelude knuckles are the same and will have the same geometry

I had the opportunity to get a pic of all of them together but I blew it lol.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

lol you beat me to it! I was just about to say that people with BB1 Ludes swapped the BB6 knuckles to do 5-lug conversion, and nothing changes, so I assume they are the same

4th gen Prelude front knuckle

5th gen Prelude front knuckle

i'm wondering what #1 is on the BB1 knuckle though, because the BB6 knuckle doesn't seem to have that?

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

^^^I hope I don't find out the hard way.

Comment

i guess ill find out when i dismantle this lude. gloryaccordy, u are welcome to come help and it will answer a few questions, lol

side note: what caliper and caliper bracket are u using in your setup?
                Last edited by kc8enb07; 07-29-2009, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X