Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strut bushings

what are signs that your strut assembly bushings are shot

Knocking and/or clunking sounds & impacts that will translate through the vehicle body when the suspension is articulating (i.e. incline/decline ramps, bumps, etc)
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

ok yea minez are bad then, is there a way i can window weld them or something? just did my mounts, got a small amount saved

Comment

Not that I know of. You should probably just replace the rubber bushings. If you could find poly bushings that would be the best route to take if you're looking for a handling benefit.

Comment

ima take a look at this strut because this shimmy is getting on my nerves, im pretty sure window weld will do the trick

Comment

ok i took my wheel off and all i saw was the damper fork coming from the strut, where is this bushing???

Comment

can somebody plz steer me in the right direction

Comment

its in the top mount hat with that 14mm bolt...u have to compress the spring to get it out most of the time, thats if what everyone is talking about.
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
                  its in the top mount hat with that 14mm bolt...u have to compress the spring to get it out most of the time, thats if what everyone is talking about.
                  thanks man, do you know if autozone has this part

Comment

To remove the front shock and spring combo you need to:

Make sure you have a torque wrench and all the right tools if your going to do this. Do a visual tear down first.

Remove the lower fork bolt (Make sure to note the direction its pointing).

Remove the lower shock bolt. Use a rubber hammer/WD40 to lose everything up and get the fork out of the way.

Now remove the top 3 17mm bolts. Be careful the whole unit is going to drop out.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2620526 190E Mercedes Benz
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3065882 Accord Under major Repairs

Comment

Working...
                    X