Sway Bars VS. Strut Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sway Bars VS. Strut Bars

which helps more, sway bars or strut bars? will installing st sway bars make a big difference? i never had sway bars before so i dont know. are sway bars better off then strut bars? i think i am going to get both or will it be a waste of money? help me please. thanks.

both helps

sway i think reduces body roll...

strut and tie reduces flex in a turn..

not sure exactly.

but ur sway bar is going to be good.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

It depends. I've heard that the Neuspeed Strut Bar makes a big difference, but I have no personal experience. Also, you can't egt a matched set, because Neuspeed doesn't make a rear upper or lower bar. I have a sway bar set and it is awesome. BIG difference, better handleing, more solid feeling car even on the highway. The strut bars ahelp a little but I would say cough up a little extra dough for the sway bars.
      -Jay

Comment

Thanks

kew, thanks you both accordztech and bluejayde. yea i just sent money out for megan strut bars and i am going to pick up some St sway bars this weekend. so i think i am putting enuff into the suspension. thanks again.

Comment

A stabilizer bar (sway bar or anti-roll bar) attaches to the suspension on each side and to the frame.

When you turn, your outside suspension compresses and your inside suspension extends when the cars rolls.

What a stablilizer bar does is transmit some of that compressing force from the outside suspension to the inside suspension, compressing it.

The overall effect is a flatter turn. Kind of like leaning to the right, then lifting your left foot, you roll back to the left foot.

Too stiff or strong of a stabilizer bar would be bad too. If it's too stiff and since it does tie the two sides together the suspension will lose it's independence.

Strut bars work by sharing some of the force between the two strut towers. It stiffens the chasis and reduces flex throughout. Keeping the tires and suspension straight that would normally flex under turning forces.
          Bart: What's your name?
          Jim: Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim.

Comment

Holy Crap

Originally posted by GrayCar
            A stabilizer bar (sway bar or anti-roll bar) attaches to the suspension on each side and to the frame.

When you turn, your outside suspension compresses and your inside suspension extends when the cars rolls.

What a stablilizer bar does is transmit some of that compressing force from the outside suspension to the inside suspension, compressing it.

The overall effect is a flatter turn. Kind of like leaning to the right, then lifting your left foot, you roll back to the left foot.

Too stiff or strong of a stabilizer bar would be bad too. If it's too stiff and since it does tie the two sides together the suspension will lose it's independence.

Strut bars work by sharing some of the force between the two strut towers. It stiffens the chasis and reduces flex throughout. Keeping the tires and suspension straight that would normally flex under turning forces.
            thanks for clearifying(ms) that. i was just about to ask that, what is the purpose of each part. thanks alot grey car. i am sure newbies like myself well make this information usefull.

Comment

I would definately recommend the Neu. strut bar over the 2 point bars based on my experience on my car. It is so much better from a design standpoint and will help reduce flex over a broader range than the typical 2 point bar i.e. megan racing or ebay style.
              As far as the Sway bars, definately a big bang for the buck. It helped flatten out my turns and also together with the Neu. strut bar helped feel a lot more stable not only on the highway, but at higher speeds in rural areas weather the road was straight or curvy.
              "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

i have both the ST sway bars and the Neuspeed upper strut bar....

if had to choose between the two, i would definately suggest getting the sway bars....makes a big difference (especially since i have an LX, or DX in the US, and they dont have a stock rear sway bar). it made my handling much more neutral, by reducing understeer.

you will notice a big difference on the highway. the car feels much more solid at high speeds.
                CB7 + H22A4 + M2S4 + JDM P13

www.vancouveraccords.com

Comment

Are you serious about lx and dx don't have stock rear sway bar. Would a 92 lx have it? if it doesn't then it might explain why my rear is unsteady.

Comment

Originally posted by Tenji
                    Are you serious about lx and dx don't have stock rear sway bar. Would a 92 lx have it? if it doesn't then it might explain why my rear is unsteady.
                    lx or dx doesnt have a rear sway period.

i put lower tie bar to help my ex though, it helped.
                    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

man, thank you all. i never feel so helped out. this forum makes you feeling comfortable. but yea, i am getting sway bars for sure. even tho its for my girls accord auto ex i am gonna hook her up phat. one day it will be a h22 or h23 auto. thank again. ill tell you guys how everything turns out.

Comment

I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy now... gimme a hug!

Bart: What's your name?
                        Jim: Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayCar
                          I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy now... gimme a hug!

uh i dunno about that one a good hand shake should do bro. haha.

Comment

Originally posted by SLO94 CIVIC
                            man, thank you all. i never feel so helped out. this forum makes you feeling comfortable. but yea, i am getting sway bars for sure. even tho its for my girls accord auto ex i am gonna hook her up phat. one day it will be a h22 or h23 auto. thank again. ill tell you guys how everything turns out.
                            thought u said it was for a lx.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                              thought u said it was for a lx.
                              naw i got a EX model. why, does it matter?

Comment

Working...
                              X