Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Never knew that Neuspeed strut bar was this GOOD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never knew that Neuspeed strut bar was this GOOD!

Just bought a use Neuspeed Stut Bar for 30 buck and install it. The install progress was easy and very tight. After that I took it for a test drive turning at 30 mph and no lost of traction or body roll. The car grip right on and it was so smooth. Before that I can feel the chassis lean and losing traction all the time on 20-30 mph turn. I recommend you guys to get one. Also if I had bought those megan stut bar would it be effective and good as a the Neuspeed bar. Btw you guys know of any good rear strut bar.
    Last edited by Tenji; 11-11-2004, 12:38 AM.

Where'd you get it for $30?

Comment

bought it use from some guy at the import performance store. Lowest use price I seen is around 60 shipped, but it's worth it.

Comment

you talking about the 4 point bar?

if so, ive ONLY heard good things about it

Comment

Any pics? Or where are the mounting locations? I have an h22, so the neuspeed bar wont fit, but I am thinking about making my own when i have some down time.

Comment

yes, I'm taking about the 4 piont bar. One goes in the camber bolt and the other ones goes in the strut bolt. When I got it, I didn't believe it would work that good. Since it just hold those 4 bolt in place tightly. But I couldn't pass on it since it was only 30 bucks and I though it might be better then those ebay strut bar(Which I was about to get.) Even after I lower my car hoping to get better grip at turn and stuff, But I didn't really notice anything. If only one of you guys live close to me, I'll let you try it out. I took it off and on to test it... Huge different. with it off it feels like my mom's van and with the bar on it's feels like my bro's 99 prelude SH. Just wanna share my excitement.

Here's the link for the strut bar.
            http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.p...light=neuspeed
            Last edited by Tenji; 11-13-2004, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aero3685
              I have an h22, so the neuspeed bar wont fit, but I am thinking about making my own when i have some down time.
              Actually...

It will fit... it will just make contact with the valve cover and impede removing the oil cap...

BUT...

If you are willing to grind a space(read: minor hole) for the bar in the part of the valve cover that covers the timing belt it will fit perfectly without contact or vibration...although, personally... I'd make sure you have good condition solid motormounts so there's not much rocking of the engine if you do decide to slot the valve cover for a 4 point bar...

I recently did my F20A DOHC valve cover because I couldn't live without my Neuspeed front bar... I tried a crappy 2 point adjustable bar and was so disappointed... bleh... and after reinstalling the Neuspeed bar I remember why I love my car so much... Such a marked improvement... I'll try and take some pics and post them just to show what I did... thanks again to

Anyone who doubts the handling improvements of the 4 point Neuspeed, Sprint, Momo type bars is just a meathead...So much better than 2 point bars and night and day difference between 4 point and no bar...
              RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Yup, Zigen is right. It is real easy. I just grinded mine down right where it touches and it is fine. Mine is grinded down to the point that you can actually see the timing belt should u remove the bar. But upon immediate glancing, it is not easily noticable. My other thread talks about it too if u don't understand because I think I mentioned something in that thread about it since i was in search of how I can make it fit and was going between the spacers idea and just boring the valve cover. Valve cover idea is the better idea though. I would have written a DIY on it but it was so easy and straight forward that I saw no point.
                "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

well if i can find a neuspeed one, i'll prolly just modify the bar to fit around the valve cover and the oil filler cap. Shouldnt be too hard w/a little cutting and welding.

Comment

Yea I had even consider modifying the Neu. bar to fit over the valve cover instead of modifying the valve cover for the bar to fit over. I didn't go that route because I was afraid of weakening the structural integrity of the bar. That is also why I didn't go with spacers idea of spacing the bar higher up off the chassis to help clear the bar over the valve cover. Since the bar is made to sit flush on the chassis I wanted to make sure it did. Plus raising it up would make it closer to the hood and may touch the hood so I didn't want to bother with that. Plus I was able to play with cool tools thus making it the obvious choice to grind the valve cover
                    "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust

Comment

My suspension is completely stock right now, and I noticed a night and day difference, I love mine to death...even tho right now it does touch the hood lol.

Comment

Yea, actually your "hood touching" incident is what prompted me to throw out the spacers idea.

Comment

I got one for sale some where in the classifieds. 100 bucks is the cheapest i'll let it go for.(Fu@k grinding my valve cover. I just made do with a diffrent strut bar. But to each his own right??)
                          FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

god damnit kenji that is seriously the nicest 4th gen i have ever seen, makes me want to paint my car white...

Comment

sorry to bump but can someone just post a pic of this?

i want to see it before i install mine and i dont want to ruin my pretty valve cover
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X