Struts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Struts...

is there anyway i can keep my struts in the back from compressing all the way when i go over humps because my fender scrubs my rim because they poke out....im at factory height...i was told to get stronger struts but really dont have the money, i was hoping theres like sum trick i could do or some thanks

No tricks, either they're shot or you have too much wieght in the back. Get the right offset rims, see if that helps.

Comment

bump stops

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen View Post
        bump stops
        true story

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

By saying bumpstops, I'd assume that you guys mean putting longer ones in (he said he was a stock height) not sure thats the best Idea as when the shock compresses and hits the bumpstops it effecively means the suspension is basically solid which can be dangerous in unexpected circumstances

You could just put stiffer springs in.
          Last edited by evil_demon_01; 03-19-2009, 03:51 AM.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

bump stops
            where and how much

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
              By saying bumpstops, I'd assume that you guys mean putting longer ones in (he said he was a stock height) not sure thats the best Idea as when the shock compresses and hits the bumpstops it effecively means the suspension is basically solid which can be dangerous in unexpected circumstances

You could just put stiffer springs in.
              he said he is poor...not to mention i doubt he is doing 100mph when this is happening.

Originally posted by H22A91CB7 View Post
              where and how much
              autozone, and i have no clue i dont have to use them due to having adjustable suspension. all you are doing is adding to whats there already.

they are definetly a cheap fix, its a band aid to your blown struts or whatever your issue is.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

I you dont have rear struts...
                U have SHOCKS....all 4 dampers are shocks.

Comment

I had a 85 Caddy 4dr with 13x7 spokes with 4 12's in the trunk. I put Air shocks in the back and solved the problem. You can always grind, roll or cut the inside of your fender dependin on how much you got sticken out
                  NEW PSN
                  H22wagon

New project. 95 EG HB H22
                  RIP

Comment

he said he is poor...not to mention i doubt he is doing 100mph when this is happening.

autozone, and i have no clue i dont have to use them due to having adjustable suspension. all you are doing is adding to whats there already.

they are definetly a cheap fix, its a band aid to your blown struts or whatever your issue is.
                    aint nobody poor but you bruh...so you can keep them smart remarks to ya self...ya feel me? and ummm na i can put extra weight in the back and do 15mph and it scrubs....

Comment

Originally posted by H22A91CB7 View Post
                      because my fender scrubs my rim because they poke out....
                      That'll be your problem...

Really, you need narrower (or different offset?) wheels or stiffer springs. If the fender hits the tyre before the bump stop comes into play, then even with stiffer springs it's likely that you'll still fender scrub at least sometimes, unless you also fit longer bump stops (or very substantially stiffer springs).

I would suggest a realistic wheel size...
                      Last edited by johnl; 03-20-2009, 08:55 PM.
                      Regards from Oz,
                      John.

Comment

Working...
                      X