rollcages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rollcages?

i figured i would put this in the suspension because a rollcage is supposed stiffen the chassis as well as safety measures...anyway...

i was wondering who makes a rollcage for the cb?? or which other chassis comes close to fitting with some modifacations??? i am planning on putting an 8 point cage in mine soon....
    OHIO CB7's

My Ride

MOD FUND: better if I could sell some of my stuff.

Build Thread

vouches: oneoffaccord, dep22build, 1993haccord, hostile, da9b16, brian91accord,93 Accord lx, kc8enb

autopower
    Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
    Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
    JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Unfortunatly nobody makes a prebent roll cage for the cb. The autopower one is not legal for nhra drag race rules. It's really best to buy all the tubing. 1 5/8 .134 Dom chromoly tubing runs around 6.50 a foot. You'll need around 68 feet. So around 450$. The labor is the hard part. I can make you one as I am about to build mine in a few weeks and can bend yours at the same time as mine so it will be for your car. Pm me for price on labor

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
      member ride thread
      11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
      DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
      People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
      I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
      John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

well my buddy is going to be doing the bending for me if i cant find something close to working so i can save time and money...he is also making my traction bar too...
        OHIO CB7's

My Ride

Build Thread

vouches: oneoffaccord, dep22build, 1993haccord, hostile, da9b16, brian91accord,93 Accord lx, kc8enb

Comment

I Want One

Comment

which one larry???
            OHIO CB7's

My Ride

Build Thread

Comment

I would not put a full roll cage in a street driven car.
              Gary A.K.A. Carter
              [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

^^ full cages can be fun, unless your really serious you would probably still be driving the cb7 to events... you can have a ton of fun with a caged car on streets to and from events!

To the OP: would you be looking for a bolt-in/ weld ? those really dont do much for the car, and i could see that being a bad move for a street car, your adding stiffness to the compartment but not the suspension pick ups, stressing the body worse.

also street accidents are alot diffrent than racing, and racing still has strict rules on cages to protect the driver rather than mangle him more.

integrated custom cages on the other hand, actually surve the dual purpose you spoke of, It transfers the suspension stresses from the pick up points through the ridgid cage and onto the other suspension pickups effectivly increasing the stiffness and ability of the car to transfer weight and hold it. (I.E. lifting a front or rear wheel while braking or turning... FWD, RWD dependent)

and it envelops the driver protecting him from the flips from all the nastys that happen when racing.
                Engines hate me... thats why they commit suicide

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMadness View Post
                  ^^ full cages can be fun, unless your really serious you would probably still be driving the cb7 to events... you can have a ton of fun with a caged car on streets to and from events!

To the OP: would you be looking for a bolt-in/ weld ? those really dont do much for the car, and i could see that being a bad move for a street car, your adding stiffness to the compartment but not the suspension pick ups, stressing the body worse.

also street accidents are alot diffrent than racing, and racing still has strict rules on cages to protect the driver rather than mangle him more.

integrated custom cages on the other hand, actually surve the dual purpose you spoke of, It transfers the suspension stresses from the pick up points through the ridgid cage and onto the other suspension pickups effectivly increasing the stiffness and ability of the car to transfer weight and hold it. (I.E. lifting a front or rear wheel while braking or turning... FWD, RWD dependent)

and it envelops the driver protecting him from the flips from all the nastys that happen when racing.
                  im am looking for a full weld in cage..even if i found one that bolted in i would take the extra measurements to weld it in...im only putting in an 8 point cage. i dont see why it would be so bad in a daily driven car...
                  OHIO CB7's

My Ride

Build Thread

Comment

its not bad in a DD at all. Only thing thats a pain is getting in and out around the door bar.

member ride thread
                    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                    I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                    John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

If you crack your head on one of the bars you'll feel a little different about it. In some fender bender,or maybe falling asleep at the wheel you never know...

Just strut tower bars a rear floor bar and seam weld the chassy then your car is vary rigged if you want roll protection just a rear roll cage could be fitted. my idea for a street car
                      2004 Audi A4 Quattro 6 speed
                      2002 Chevy 2500HD LQ4
                      1995 SE 240sx 5 speed Ka-T re under construction
                      1991 240sx current paper weight for sale
                      Have a 240sx Q ask me
                      Sorry I just think body kits are ***.
                      Still lurking around......

Comment

you really dont need a cage unless your gonna be approaching 135 mph in the quarter mile.

member ride thread
                        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie240sxt View Post
                          If you crack your head on one of the bars you'll feel a little different about it. In some fender bender,or maybe falling asleep at the wheel you never know...

Just strut tower bars a rear floor bar and seam weld the chassy then your car is vary rigged if you want roll protection just a rear roll cage could be fitted. my idea for a street car
                          wtf kinda cage do you have to have for this to happen. Everyone sais this and its annoying, you've never cracked your head on your roll cage have you? If you have one.

Comment

different if you are roadracing.

at the cracking of head comment, if you are sporting a legit harness then technically your head shouldnt move so it wouldnt matter.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

idc, if you're wearing a 4 point your head shouldn't be moving very far.
                              Edit: exactly what you edited in lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X