No announcement yet.

Progress Sway Bars Reviews?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i actually ordered mine from progress's site. it was like 173 shipped or something like that

My Members Ride Thread
    Originally posted by deevergote
    You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
      I got mine from www.ptuning.com
      ^^yup, and you'll love it.

Jordan, Ptuning is located in VA so shipping was like 2 days
      -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
      -1993 Accord EX SOLD
      -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
      -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by dwnhillCB791 View Post
        Ok I was interested in picking up some sway's,and I saw this thread, so from the people who have owned both ST/Progress rear sway's is the difference in handling that extremely noticeable or only slightly? I ask because I am kinda loathe to drilling a hole in my car, and would prefer the St's that just bolt on(they don't need any drill right?). But if the difference between 21mm and 22mm is like night and day, I could maybe see going for the Prog.
        it's not that the difference is a night and day from 1mm but the mounting points are a lot stronger on the progress because they are braced in the middle as opposed to the stock mounting points.

ST is also a lot more expensive.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I'm scared of oversteer

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

^^^ i got owned by oversteer, nothing bad happened.... the progress bar is a great upgrade.
            Last edited by 604_SE; 01-18-2009, 02:36 PM.

Comment

I love my Progress. The drilling of the holes was no big deal if you take your time.

Also, the Progress rear sway makes the rear end much more predictable. The stock sway was so small that you REALLY had to unload the rear end to get it to oversteer, and it would do it with a snap, which was semi-unpredictable, and not very much fun. The Progress in general makes it a lot more neutral.
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                I'm scared of oversteer
                so just compensate by upgrading the front bar as well. you can change oversteer with alignment, tire pressure and suspension settings as well.
                I <3 G60.

Comment

i look foward to his bar after my rear disc conv.

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
                    I got mine from www.ptuning.com
                    same here, cant beat free shipping
                    i would say its the best suspension upgrade i did to the cb of course i was coming from a no sway bar LX to the progress bar. As others have said it defiantly makes the car more predictable and neutral. Drilling the holes is not hard, i was able to do it with a corded drill from the 70s and a dull bit
                    FA1

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2litrebeater View Post
                      same here, cant beat free shipping
                      i would say its the best suspension upgrade i did to the cb of course i was coming from a no sway bar LX to the progress bar. As others have said it defiantly makes the car more predictable and neutral. Drilling the holes is not hard, i was able to do it with a corded drill from the 70s and a dull bit
                      sure works your arms though

now if we could figure out how to flip the car upside down so we dont have to fight gravity.

i just got one for my project car too

i want to try out the addco one that summit offers because i have a 20 dollar coupon.
                      I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                        it's not that the difference is a night and day from 1mm but the mounting points are a lot stronger on the progress because they are braced in the middle as opposed to the stock mounting points.

ST is also a lot more expensive.
                        We'll I found the ST for a decent price so I figured I get the kit instead of just the rear, I wanted to get the front as I really would like to stiffen up the front. Help me out here as, I want to understand out the middle brace.

So your saying that the brace that you have to drill for in the middle helps, secure the sway?
                        -is that like a safety measure?

Would an St under pressure come lose while driving because they aren't braced like the ST?
                        -or maybe be ripped off easier with low clearance cars? I figured it would be fine bolted up to the stock mounting points.

Is the brace actually assisting the progress bar in doing its job of decreasing roll?

Maybe I should go with a progress rear and st front? I really would like to know how people who have had the rear st/progress feel about them.
                        Last edited by dwnhillCB791; 01-19-2009, 12:34 AM.
                        Socal Alliance Represent

Go Cry

Comment

Maybe I should go with a progress rear and st front? I really would like to know how people who have had the rear st/progress feel about them.[/QUOTE]

thats what im running..i already posted my opinion but someone deleted it..oh well...i wanted a bigger front cuz i wanted the car to stick and i felt that our cars are too loose in the rear..thats why alot of civic/intergra owners go with a jdm itr front 24mm and 22mm rear..same as a ST front/PROGRESS rear

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
                            thats what im running..i already posted my opinion but someone deleted it..oh well...i wanted a bigger front cuz i wanted the car to stick and i felt that our cars are too loose in the rear..thats why alot of civic/intergra owners go with a jdm itr front 24mm and 22mm rear..same as a ST front/PROGRESS rear

word I actually think I read your opinion on an older thread, that's what got me thinking, as you had mentioned that, and i thought that was spot on, I already have a front and rear strut bar,with f2's, and I wanted to increase body stiffness and decrease roll in both the front and rear. So I figured that an front sway bar would increase rigidity, as I feel the front isn't stiff enough for my liking, and still seems to roll a bit.

I remember reading losiracer's post about going from a progress to st,he seemed like there wasn't much of a difference to merit doing the work needed for the progress. I would like to see if other people did that or vice-versa and just get their feed back.

Originally I did not want to drill anything, but if it will help improve rigidity,reduce roll and act as a safety measure it might be intrigued. But if the difference is minimal and there isn't any known events of an ST rear coming off, then I rather go for the kit since it would be cheaper than the st front and progress rear separate.
                            Last edited by dwnhillCB791; 01-19-2009, 01:24 AM.
                            Socal Alliance Represent

Go Cry

Comment

We'll I found the ST for a decent price so I figured I get the kit instead of just the rear, I wanted to get the front as I really would like to stiffen up the front. Help me out here as, I want to understand out the middle brace.

So your saying that the brace that you have to drill for in the middle helps, secure the sway?

Would an St under pressure come lose while driving because they aren't braced like the ST?
                              -or maybe be ripped off easier with low clearance cars? I figured it would be fine bolted up to the stock mounting points.

Is the brace actually assisting the progress bar in doing its job of decreasing roll?

Maybe I should go with a progress rear and st front? I really would like to know how people who have had the rear st/progress feel about them.
                              The ST bar is braced, it is just a different design. The braces on it bolt to the mounting bolts for the rear cross member.
                              Gary A.K.A. Carter
                              [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

it's not going to pop off or break but allow for more flex. you dont want flex.
                                I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                                X