Clear All

the fronts were easy

i used all honda odyssey parts

knuckles, bearings, rotors, hubs

Comment

odyssey parts are hard to find in my area

Comment

Originally posted by kc8enb07 View Post
        id be interested in a set. maybe have 5 sets made at once? less expensive on all?

was half asleep in above post but i see it now, the spindle should be longer

how did u do your fronts cb7dazz?

guys give me a couple of days. i am going to see what the material will cost and see what i could make some for. in the front of mine all i did was take a stock prelude front hub and machined it down to fit in the stock accord bearing. of coarse i also had to machine the steps on the spindle as well to properly align the rotor within the caliper bracket. so in the front all i had to buy was 2 prelude front hubs and 2 prelude rotors. of coarse if you have the money i would replace the front wheel bearing and press the new hub into it. also please keep in mind that i have a wagon, so my front brakes are the same o.d. size as the prelude so i was able to use my calipers and brackets. also just in case any one wants to know the front brake calipers and brackets are the same for a 97-01 prelude base as the 90-97 accord wagons, and these will bolt up to the 2/4 door knuckles. if you have any questions please feel free to ask. thanks

Comment

odyssey parts are hard to find in my area
          yea they are hard to find by me also but i just kept searching until i found them

not for nothing but im pretty sure that you could just use the odyssey hub and press it into the accord bearing

Originally posted by g1kon1wheel View Post
          guys give me a couple of days. i am going to see what the material will cost and see what i could make some for. in the front of mine all i did was take a stock prelude front hub and machined it down to fit in the stock accord bearing. of coarse i also had to machine the steps on the spindle as well to properly align the rotor within the caliper bracket. so in the front all i had to buy was 2 prelude front hubs and 2 prelude rotors. of coarse if you have the money i would replace the front wheel bearing and press the new hub into it. also please keep in mind that i have a wagon, so my front brakes are the same o.d. size as the prelude so i was able to use my calipers and brackets. also just in case any one wants to know the front brake calipers and brackets are the same for a 97-01 prelude base as the 90-97 accord wagons, and these will bolt up to the 2/4 door knuckles. if you have any questions please feel free to ask. thanks
          i take it you work at a machine shop?
          Last edited by cb7dazz; 01-12-2009, 08:25 PM.

Comment

the odyssey hub should fit in the cb coupe knuckle with no problem right?
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

from what i believe to be true then yes

the accord bearing and the odyssey bearing are the same so the odyssey should press right in

but you would still need rotors, calipers and brackets (if you have a coupe/sedan)

if you have a wagon then you would just need rotors

Comment

Originally posted by cb7dazz View Post
                yea they are hard to find by me also but i just kept searching until i found them

not for nothing but im pretty sure that you could just use the odyssey hub and press it into the accord bearing

i take it you work at a machine shop?

yes and no. i did when i made them, and still have access to one if its something i can't do at home i will go there to do it. according to honda the bearings assemblies are different from the accord to the odyssey so you would need to press them out and do some measuring to figure out if you could interchange them. thanks
                Last edited by g1kon1wheel; 01-12-2009, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by g1kon1wheel View Post
                  similar to what i was planning but cant find measurements and i dont have the time to take apart the car just to measure. front knuckles are same on wagon and coupe correct? i already have type sh brackets and calipers for the front. i am going to use ITR rotors front and rear as well. something i dont wanna screw up on lol

also anyone try a different rear caliper than factory?

Comment

Hey cb7dazz, I was thinking, if you already have the rear spindles from the Prelude, then why not try to see if THEY will press in instead of the Accord ones. In essence that is what we are doing by having the custom ones pressed in, right?

Why didn't I think of that before? I mean it will be the right size spindle for the bearing, if it fits...

Time for research.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                    JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

damn this is a predicament. good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
                        Hey cb7dazz, I was thinking, if you already have the rear spindles from the Prelude, then why not try to see if THEY will press in instead of the Accord ones. In essence that is what we are doing by having the custom ones pressed in, right?

Why didn't I think of that before? I mean it will be the right size spindle for the bearing, if it fits...

Time for research.

already researched that route when i did mine and they are not even remotely close. if you look at the drawing the prelude spindle does not press in like the accord. below are the pics from honda and you can see why they will not interchange. 1st pic is the accord, 2nd in the prelude. thanks
                        Attached Files

Comment

similar to what i was planning but cant find measurements and i dont have the time to take apart the car just to measure. front knuckles are same on wagon and coupe correct? i already have type sh brackets and calipers for the front. i am going to use ITR rotors front and rear as well. something i dont wanna screw up on lol

also anyone try a different rear caliper than factory?

well as far as measurements go you will have to take it apart because you are using the sh calipers and brackets which are different than the prelude base and you might need a different offset compared to the base prelude. the itr rotor and base prelude rotors are the same. as far as knuckles go the wagons are different than the coupes and sedans. itr rotors in the rear are perfect. i personally have never tried anything other than the factory calipers. thanks

Comment

i got a friend to machine the prelude nut down so it sits the same as the accord one did. it is in there real good. the lip of the nut is gone and i used the accord washer or a thinner one, cant remember

the prelude or odyssey hub will not fit in the accord brg unless it is machined to fit

Comment

Originally posted by cb7dazz View Post
                              so i finally get my rear prelude hubs in today and i go to put them on my wagon and guess what ? ? ?

they dont f**king fit

i tried integra type r rear hubs and 05 tsx rear hubs and those didnt fit so i ordered the prelude ones and they dont fit either

stupid wagon has 36mm rear spindle nuts and sedans/coupes seem to have 32mm ones

im tired of taking this shit apart already

sorry but i had to vent
                              You have two options. Replace your wagon rear knuckles with non wagon counterpart. This will allow you to have 32mm spindle nut. Then check out this thread I posted in about my 5 lug conversion on my 1997 EX. See page 15.

http://www.accordinglydone.com/forum...t=1292&page=15

Your other option has not been tried yet. Get yourself some 95-98 Odyssey rear knuckles. These are 36mm rear spindle nut. Some models of Odyssey had both drum brakes and disk brakes. Other models had only disk. You may be able to do what I did in the thread above, and harvest the stub shaft from Odyssey rear knuckle.
                              The original US manufacturer of true short throw shifters for cable shifted hondas.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X