alignment off! help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alignment off! help!!

so yea touge'd this one night and my car understeered into a curb. bent my spindle, L.C.A, the tension rod frame that its held on to was bent. and sub-frame or cradle what the guy who sold it to me was called. but yea i bought all new stuff from a 92 accord also which was 5 speed and my alignment is still off any help or ideas why this might be happening?

go get your car alighned

Comment

What alignments are still off? It could be one or both of the the subframes not being poisitioned correctly.

This could affect the caster and side to side wheelbase (one side of either subframe being forward relative to other side), or camber ('rear' subframe laterally displaced).

The subframes can be re-positioned because the subframe holes (through which the chassis mounting bolts pass) are much bigger than the shanks of the bolts. With the bolts loosened the subframe(s) can be levered longitudinally and laterally, changing camber and caster. The bolts need to re-tightened very tightly...
      Regards from Oz,
      John.

Comment

Tie-rods could also be bent....
        Used parts can also be bent with out know it.

Comment

Originally posted by johnl View Post
          What alignments are still off? It could be one or both of the the subframes not being poisitioned correctly.

This could affect the caster and side to side wheelbase (one side of either subframe being forward relative to other side), or camber ('rear' subframe laterally displaced).

The subframes can be re-positioned because the subframe holes (through which the chassis mounting bolts pass) are much bigger than the shanks of the bolts. With the bolts loosened the subframe(s) can be levered longitudinally and laterally, changing camber and caster. The bolts need to re-tightened very tightly...
          my steering alignment is off and im not exactly sure whats creating it. the left side was all messed up and yea. and probably do need to get the sub frame just checked in general.

Comment

Originally posted by ATS666 View Post
            Tie-rods could also be bent....
            Used parts can also be bent with out know it.
            i checked them out both at the same time and the one in the accident was a little more bent but it look'd okay

Comment

god i hate when stuff like this happens

Comment

Just because you put new parts doesn't mean ur car will be back to normal. Just go to an ur local alignment shop and get it on the computer. You can't just eyeball it..........P.S. Touge is addictive!
                VTEC DUDE!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gangstacb7 View Post
                  just Because You Put New Parts Doesn't Mean Ur Car Will Be Back To Normal. Just Go To An Ur Local Alignment Shop And Get It On The Computer. You Can't Just Eyeball It..........p.s. Touge Is Addictive!
                  Hells To The Yeah Touge Is Addictive I Went Like 3 Weeks Straight Hahahaha

Comment

what's off on your adjustments?? toe? caster? camber?? let us know that way we can help you better. thanks. also, is your car pulling left or right?? more info.
                    The beginning of a new era............................
                    165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                    184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

You have to have the alignment angles checked on an alignment machine, you can do nothing without data.

The steering wheel being off centre isn't necessarily a signifier of incorrect alignment, though it may be.
                      Regards from Oz,
                      John.

Comment

Originally posted by jhondayaaj View Post
                        what's off on your adjustments?? toe? caster? camber?? let us know that way we can help you better. thanks. also, is your car pulling left or right?? more info.
                        its tilted towards the left and pulls more towards the left as well

Comment

Originally posted by CBx7_Tuner View Post
                          its tilted towards the left and pulls more towards the left as well
                          can you give us the specs, caster, camber, toe. that would help me more to help you. thanks. steering wheel can always be adjusted easy, but if your car is pulling to left, either your camber is too positive on left and negative on right, or your caster is too positive on right ( which it should be, but only by .02 -.03 degrees more only) and left is too negative caster. also, you can also have a tire pull, so, if you want, you can rotate the front side to side and see if that will change the direction of pulling, if it does, then you have a tire issue. let us know.
                          The beginning of a new era............................
                          165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                          184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Working...
                          X