Lug Studs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lug Studs

Dont kno.. some of you may know I was on here yesterday asking about good camber kits. Well I am missing a few lug studs.. Well while the guy at the shop is doing my camber i asked if he could change them for me. I was told by someone that changing these things were as easy as pressing them out with a clamp and replacing. But my mechanic says that if i want to do it, i should have the money set aside for the whole bearing to be replaced, because the bearing could fall apart.. anybody kno if this is true????

Accords have press out bearings. You'll have to press out the hub to get to the rotors. If it falls off, you can just put it back on. But breaking it is a different story.

Comment

ok i see.. Its just that my mechanic is making it seem like a big risk, do you think i should leave it alone.. its 5 lug conversion, dont know if that makes a difference...

Comment

theres enough room to knock the stud and air hammer the new one in from the back of the hub..take off the caliper and you will see.

Comment

alrite, thanks

Comment

yea, we use a sealed bearing and not roller bearings. if it ever does come apart, it will be alright to put it back together however it has more of a chance to get contaminated.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
            X