H&R Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H&R Springs

what is better the sport springs or race springs??????

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Originally posted by d112crzy
    I quit jobs as much as I swap engines.

they race springs because they are for racers! but seriously, the spring rate is pretty stiff on those which makes it perfect for the twisties.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

+1 for race.

Comment

I think it really depends on what you're looking for....

Race springs:
        Largest drop ~2.5"
        Stiffest ride
        Best for twisties

Sport springs:
        Moderate drop ~1.5" (better for us who frequent steep driveways/country roads)
        Balance between comfort and handling
        Some body roll on the twisties

I personally would go with the Sport springs because all my family lives in rural areas, my driveway is not the smoothest, I make alot of longer trips and enjoy comfort. And I already drag my resonator on the WORST of speed bumps. But like I said, really depends on your personal preference.
        My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

race

Comment

race, just picked up a set and cant wait to install them on my cb9

Comment

i had a set of the sport springs and ran them for about a year before buying some neuspeed race springs. so I then sold the h&r sports. the H&R Sports rode nice, handled great but I just wanted to go lower, and now I still wannna be lower so full-coils are probly in my future.
              -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
              -1993 Accord EX SOLD
              -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
              -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

I have the sports, they handle good, ride awesome and look ok, the races will handle great, look awesome and ride stiff. I wish i had bought the races because the sports dont lower you enough, ive had people tell me I need a drop and i explain that I do. so take that for what it is worth...

Comment

I've had both. The Sports were paired with AGXs, and the Race are on Koni Yellows... The Konis are far superior to the AGXs, so the comparison isn't equal.

I honestly liked the Sport drop better. I preferred the even look. I may someday go for the Sports again, but on Konis.

Comment

I have deevergotes old setup which is the h&r sports and KYB AGXs, I have to say that in a REALISTIC driving situations the sports are the best of both comfort and performance.

-sean
                    Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                    Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

I still look at your car's stance and miss it, Sean. Mine looks TOO low, I think. Maybe I'm just showing my age... The Sport springs have a very mature, functional drop. The Race springs look a little low for an old dude in a street car.

Comment

I was thinking of what it would be like if we traded springs, your race springs, with my AGXs wouldnt be as low as with your Konis but my sport spring with your konis would be just a tad lower than with my AGXs. I like my sport springs, and am scared to over do it with race springs but it is a thought i frequently have...

p.s. we gotta get together sometime soon i wanna check the ride

-sean
                        Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                        Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

For sure. I have a REALLY light workweek this week... I should be around. My mom is still the only one to ride so far! Nick hasn't even had a chance!

Comment

Working...
                          X