• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just ordered Skunk2 shocks

Keep ur fingers crossed

I was gonna order Skunk2 coils for the Accord but they are rated at

560# front and rear

On NY streets those are bad news

But Civic coils are 440/336#... a little softer than Neuspeed Races, about what I had on my Maxima and about what my Skunk2 springs are rated at at static height

I will def. post a review when I have it all in and take tons of pics as well

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

I lied about taking a ton of pics, but my impressions are... they are too soft for rough NY streets. These would be good for someone out where roads are smoother. I am probably gonna get Illuminas before it gets too cold.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

they are too soft
      i couldve told u that. they're like oem replacements to me.
      Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
      -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

Originally posted by cali-racer View Post

I can't wait to get off Skunk2 springs.
        The ride is very nice, they're just too soft for me.

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Damn Skunk2. I'm surprised though, they handle pretty high spring rates decently. I'm running 8k/6k S2 sleeves and it's way better than my old setup ride wise (S2 springs & old OEM shocks), but it doesn't compare to my old old setup (Konis + Neuspeed Yellows) in any league.

I might sell the whole setup if I can get my hands on some D2s locally, otherwise I'm prob. gonna get Illuminas.
          Last edited by gloryaccordy; 09-19-2008, 03:10 PM.

Comment

^^ Damn I didn't know that. Good info!
            92 Accord Coupe (MR Thread Below)

Member's Ride

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
              Damn Skunk2. I'm surprised though, they handle pretty high spring rates decently. I'm running 8k/6k S2 sleeves and it's way better than my old setup ride wise (S2 springs & old OEM shocks), but it doesn't compare to my old old setup (Konis + Neuspeed Yellows) in any league.

I might sell the whole setup if I can get my hands on some D2s locally, otherwise I'm prob. gonna get Illuminas.
              d2's ftw! ... what u mean locally? u could get them brand new for like $8** shipped. forgot the exact price.

Comment

d2's ftw! ... what u mean locally? u could get them brand new for like $8** shipped. forgot the exact price.
                Someone's parting out a CB.

Comment

nice... bug em lol

Comment

im suprised, 560lb is a pretty hard spring rate no?
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                      im suprised, 560lb is a pretty hard spring rate no?
                      Fuck yea man especially for the rear, they are gonna have to deal with a lot of pissed customers and warrantee claims for that setup

Comment

yea man i'm running the skunk2 shocks on my cd5 and i hate it, i agree they are way too soft... if you find a good deal locally on 2 sets of d2's let me know cause i would love to get something different right now i hate my current set up.

Comment

ffuuuuccccckkk, i guess im going to have to get a new set of dampeners because i dont thin my cusco's can handle anything over 500's
                          I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                            ffuuuuccccckkk, i guess im going to have to get a new set of dampeners because i dont thin my cusco's can handle anything over 500's
                            Yea u would prob have to get them rebuilt

I'm running 440/330 F/R now and honestly it's not TERRIBLE, like they would be PERFECT with Neuspeed Sports or Tein S-Techs... but once u get into high spring rates they get a little sloppy.

Long story short: Save up the extra $80 and get Illuminas

I wanna get AGXs but I hear they don't last lowered.

Comment

it's not that they dont last lowered, it is the adjustability and their quality of dampening isnt as good as a koni or bilstein.
                              I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                              X