Wicked Rear Camber Arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wicked Rear Camber Arms

Alright, so i bought these a while ago and installed on my car so I wouldn't have huge camber issues in the rear. The adjustment on these things was great, and it was a one-two punch in that it also replaces the warn out upper balljoint.

HOWEVER, I have found that this arm is HORRIBLE for cars that are lowered any large amount. This is because of the way the arm was designed. The Wicked Camber Arms are completely straight. Because of this, when the car is lowered the arm becomes much closer to the knuckle that it connects to. This turns into a horrible knock that occurs from each and every little bump in the road. At first it isn't noticeable, but it time it eats away at your will to live (or at least drive the car).

Ingall's makes an arm that has a curve to it, which allows the needed space to prevent the horrible knock from occurring on lowered cars.

Example of the difference

Ingall's

Wicked

So, I just wanted to let people know about the knocking issue with Wicked Rear Camber Arms on cars that are lowered. Hope it helps someone out.

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

So...

Wicked =
    Ingall's =

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

i have yet to install my kit on the accord but i dont have any problems with the rear camber and toe kit for the civic.

Comment

Originally posted by yeamans17 View Post
        Why waste money on an expensive control arm when you can just space it with washers.
        Incredibly lowered cars will not be able to get a satisfactory amount of correction from washers without messing up the suspension geometry (But really, the geometry is pretty messed up anyway). Plus, it takes a long time to figure out if you have enough or not enough to fix your camber. It also replaces the upper ball joint and upper bushings.

But washers are good for lowering to reasonable levels.

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
        i have yet to install my kit on the accord but i dont have any problems with the rear camber and toe kit for the civic.
        That may be due to the difference in design of the knuckle on the civic. I'm not able to say as to the civic design, but it does knock on the accord.

Comment

O so no bueno on the wicked arms but how low were you to be extremely low
          and the ingalls ones seam to be better suted as of the curve for the slammed people, good info tnwagn

Comment

Originally posted by cb9tuner View Post
            O so no bueno on the wicked arms but how low were you to be extremely low
            and the ingalls ones seam to be better suted as of the curve for the slammed people, good info tnwagn
            Banging all day lowered fully on the Function & Form Type II's. However, I now have it raised about 1 inch all around. Not sure how low that is from stock, but I have no tire gap with the stock wheels.

Comment

Working...
            X