No announcement yet.

my car sux!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

your car was bouncing because you probably got those cheap ebay coilovers didnt you? the ones that are either blue or green with just sleeves with adjustable perches? yeah. you should have gotten lowering springts from a good company like Skunk2, Eibach, Dropzone, or Tien. get you a set of those to lower your car.

as far as the rubbing noise? most likely wheel bearings. not the 17s rubbing. what size tire was it? i know there are plenty of guys up here running 205-215 series with no rubbing issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
      your car was bouncing because you probably got those cheap ebay coilovers didnt you? the ones that are either blue or green with just sleeves with adjustable perches? yeah. you should have gotten lowering springts from a good company like Skunk2, Eibach, Dropzone, or Tien. get you a set of those to lower your car.
      'Bouncing' is caused by the spring rate being too high for the damper rate, and the quality of the spring makes zero difference here. Two springs of X stiffness / length but different quality will behave identically, the only difference being that the lesser qualty spring will fail sooner (most probably sagging prematurely, though breakage is not impossible).

A problem with cheap Ebay type springs is that the vendors often may not not be able to tell you what the spring rates are because they don't know and it's not marked on the packaging.
      Last edited by johnl; 07-18-2008, 07:53 PM.
      Regards from Oz,
      John.

Comment

/fail

just do my setup. rides fine. kyb gr2 with h&r springs. its low and the ride is nice. 17s do rub on my but mostly to the fact that the springs are old and the struts are about done. 17s look ugly on these cars anyways. get 15 or 16s.

no
        Accord turbo kit under $2k here
        $30 HID kits here Thread
        "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
        "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

out of curiosity, what did u do to the bump stop? the round yellow rubber thing that goes on the shock.
          Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
          -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

Originally posted by cali-racer View Post
            out of curiosity, what did u do to the bump stop? the round yellow rubber thing that goes on the shock.
            I left it when i lowered my car...
            Freedom Is Not Free
            U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

it bounces b/c of the spring rate in the cheap ebay coilover sleeves. When you upgrade to those (if you wanna call it that), you have to upgrade your shocks. Stock Gabriel oil shocks, not nitrogen charged shocks such as GR-2s (at the minimum), will not be able to support and react to the bound and rebound of the coilovers properly.

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by benjerman112 View Post
                I left it when i lowered my car...
                also depends how low u go. if ur not really low then it wouldnt matter. but im just sayin cuz of a noob i've met at a meet awhile back.. long story
                Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
                -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

Originally posted by mIsS♥aCcORd_210 View Post
                  ok i dont know if this is in the right place ... but

i tried to lower the car and put sum lowering springs ...
                  my car was bouncing around like i had switches on it ... lol ... wat the hell is up with that?? so i take em off and put evrything back to stock ride height

then ... i try putting rims on it ... i think theyre 17's (will take a pic in a bit and post it) and they rub ... sumwhere .. cause when i drive or break it would make a deep humming noise .. as if the brakes were gone. and it wasnt rubbing on anything when we checked

so i gave em to the bf ... ghey

i dont get it .. i think my car just doesnt want shit done to it ... damit!

Umm , did you cut your bumpstops?

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                  1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                  2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                  2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                  2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                  2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by mIsS♥aCcORd_210 View Post
                    i had put the "coilovers" on and it bounced like crazy .. so i just put everything back ... my car was stock again and rode fine ... but yea i understand what yall mean ... should just get a set up for suspension instead of being cheap ... lol

then 2mths later i bought rims ... when i put em on it wasnt rubbing on the fender or anything, but like i said it would make that noise. once i put my stock wheels back on it was fine. i didnt and still dont know why it's doing that ...

so i gave rims to the bf .... wak
                    just because they are sleeve coilovers does not mean they suck..its when you put this sleeve coilovers on with the existing factory stock shocks then the ride is undesirable..sleeve coilovers are on the stiff side but when coupled with good shocks can be very potent thru the turns.

when you put the rims on did it have brand new tires or used tires? sometimes used tires with uneven tread will result in humming noise.the same noise you hear on those lifted trucks you see with block tread tires.
                    Last edited by revzCB; 07-31-2008, 09:18 PM.
                    "as i ride the twisties of death,i shall fear no corner"

change da game...bosozoku honda's for the muthafuccin win!

www.tougesports.com

Comment

Working...
                    X