Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my car sux!

ok i dont know if this is in the right place ... but

i tried to lower the car and put sum lowering springs ...
    my car was bouncing around like i had switches on it ... lol ... wat the hell is up with that?? so i take em off and put evrything back to stock ride height

then ... i try putting rims on it ... i think theyre 17's (will take a pic in a bit and post it) and they rub ... sumwhere .. cause when i drive or break it would make a deep humming noise .. as if the brakes were gone. and it wasnt rubbing on anything when we checked

so i gave em to the bf ... ghey

i dont get it .. i think my car just doesnt want shit done to it ... damit!

What kind of springs did you get. And also did you buy struts or used the stock ones.

As for the rims maybe the offset wasn't right I don't know much about that though I'm still running stockies.
    1993 Accord EX
    2011 Subaru STi

Comment

do you just have springs not coilovers? those things suck unless you get a whole coilover kit.

long time no see
      Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
      Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
      JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by slick View Post
        do you just have springs not coilovers? those things suck unless you get a whole coilover kit.
        Incorrect. However, if you increase the spring rate ('lowering' springs will or ought to have a higher rate than stock springs) and not the damper (i.e. 'shock absorber') rate then a bouncy ride is the likely result (especially if the existing dampers are a bit worn).

Stiffer springs will require stiffer dampers, but you don't need to buy what is widely considered as a 'coil-over' (just dampers and springs as matched set, but not necessarily always of good quality). If you already have the stiffer springs then you can just get stiffer rate dampers that are more suitable for those springs.
        Regards from Oz,
        John.

Comment

It also has to do with your $$. Better dampers will cost much more! Koni yellows are 500+ But these aren't necessarily what you need.
          Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Originally posted by johnl View Post
            Incorrect. However, if you increase the spring rate ('lowering' springs will or ought to have a higher rate than stock springs) and not the damper (i.e. 'shock absorber') rate then a bouncy ride is the likely result (especially if the existing dampers are a bit worn).

Stiffer springs will require stiffer dampers, but you don't need to buy what is widely considered as a 'coil-over' (just dampers and springs as matched set, but not necessarily always of good quality). If you already have the stiffer springs then you can just get stiffer rate dampers that are more suitable for those springs.
            ok mr. technicality i was just referring to the ebay coilovers that are just springs you can adjust the spring rates on. and i was saying i she had those that the whole coilover setup is better
            Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
            Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
            JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by mIsS♥aCcORd_210 View Post
              ok i dont know if this is in the right place ... but

i tried to lower the car and put sum lowering springs ...
              my car was bouncing around like i had switches on it ... lol ... wat the hell is up with that?? so i take em off and put evrything back to stock ride height

then ... i try putting rims on it ... i think theyre 17's (will take a pic in a bit and post it) and they rub ... sumwhere .. cause when i drive or break it would make a deep humming noise .. as if the brakes were gone. and it wasnt rubbing on anything when we checked

so i gave em to the bf ... ghey

i dont get it .. i think my car just doesnt want shit done to it ... damit!
              The rubbing and bouncing is most likely due to your suspension. When I first went to 18" rims I did not have any rubbing because the car remained at stock height w/stock suspension. I did expereince rubbing when I changed the suspension to the cheap Tokico Blue suspension. All was resolved when I switched to the nice handling NEX full coilover suspension. I would recommend you checking into a good suspension system to resolve all your suspension problems. Keep in mind, a cheap suspension system can definitely cause accidents.
              600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

Originally posted by kamaccord View Post
                The rubbing and bouncing is most likely due to your suspension. When I first went to 18" rims I did not have any rubbing because the car remained at stock height w/stock suspension. I did expereince rubbing when I changed the suspension to the cheap Tokico Blue suspension. All was resolved when I switched to the nice handling NEX full coilover suspension. I would recommend you checking into a good suspension system to resolve all your suspension problems. Keep in mind, a cheap suspension system can definitely cause accidents.
                I LOVE my nex setup....

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
                Originally posted by deevergote.
                But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

whenever u hear humming coming from your wheels u should check your wheel bearings.
                  1993 Accord LX - Sold
                  93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                  92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                  2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                  2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                  2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                  2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                  2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

i had put the "coilovers" on and it bounced like crazy .. so i just put everything back ... my car was stock again and rode fine ... but yea i understand what yall mean ... should just get a set up for suspension instead of being cheap ... lol

then 2mths later i bought rims ... when i put em on it wasnt rubbing on the fender or anything, but like i said it would make that noise. once i put my stock wheels back on it was fine. i didnt and still dont know why it's doing that ...

so i gave rims to the bf .... wak

Comment

Originally posted by slick View Post
                      ok mr. technicality i was just referring to the ebay coilovers that are just springs you can adjust the spring rates on. and i was saying i she had those that the whole coilover setup is better
                      Sorry for the bluntness of my "incorrect".

It's a common misconception, but there is no such thing as a spring with an adjustable spring rate. All you can do is increase the pre-load on the spring (by turning the seat adjuster if fitted, or shimming between the spring and the spring seat), but this has zero affect on the spring rate, only increasing the ride height and reducing the amount of rebound (droop) motion.
                      Regards from Oz,
                      John.

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamW View Post
                        It also has to do with your $$. Better dampers will cost much more! Koni yellows are 500+ But these aren't necessarily what you need.
                        With a given spring, if the dampers are the problem then they are the problem. If you want and fit spring X but the ride becomes 'bouncy' with that spring then the only solotions are to upgrade the dampers or to not fit that spring(s).

Dampers are far more important than springs in the sense that it's more important to have good dampers than to have good springs. Upgrading dampers on the stock springs is likely to have far better results than upgrading the springs on stock dampers (espcially if said dampers are a bit worn). Fitting springs of any quality / rate is a waste of money if the dampers can't cope...
                        Regards from Oz,
                        John.

Comment

what 17's rub ?

im lowered 2 inches on 18's and rides perfect

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris View Post
                            what 17's rub ?

im lowered 2 inches on 18's and rides perfect
                            it's important to know that all wheels do not share the same offset. later.
                            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                              it's important to know that all wheels do not share the same offset. later.
                              yea. u got a point..

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Working...
                              X