205-45-16 safe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

205-45-16 safe?

I'm going to be dropping my cb7 2.5F / 2.0R and my cb7 will end up sitting ON my tires because of their offset.. so, in an attempt to keep my wheels (since I really like how they look on my cb7), I was thinking about going with a 205-45-16.

I looked into the 205-50-16, but it's only a hair smaller than my current Pirelli P6's at 205-55-16, they'll rub at the very least.

If I go with the 205-45-16's, how far off, if at all, will my speedo. be? The smallest recommended size for the cb7 is 205-50-16. Any other issues I might encounter with the smaller tire?

Obviously, the ride most likely won't be as cushy as with the beefcakes for tires I have now, and I'll have to be more cautious around pot holes.. anything else I should be concerned with when going with a 205-45-16?

-mak

Bought From: MadSpleen85, jimy, CB7_ACCORD (kouzie), Chrisfrom1986
    Sold To: vinbon63, chessboxer, darkfusion42, LowNknoxville, bowzil, 1993hAccord, mcdizzle, 93accordfreak, lilb_1979, rocketman_471, Bad_dude
    Traded With: cb95spd, chessboxer, sohc em
    [ Completed | Pending ]

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

try that...

with your 205-55-16's you're actually running bigger than stock...so your speedometer is 2.7% slow. 205-50-16 is just about stock diameter so you'd be right on. with 205-45-16's your speedometer would read 3.9% too fast.
    My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

with 205-45-16's you'll have to inflate your tires to like 45-50 psi due to the fact that size tire isnt suppose to be on a vehicle with our weight. Costco has a whole chart that tells you what weight each tire size is suppose to support and how many psi it takes to support a certain weight.

Comment

Originally posted by chrischhorn
        with 205-45-16's you'll have to inflate your tires to like 45-50 psi due to the fact that size tire isnt suppose to be on a vehicle with our weight. Costco has a whole chart that tells you what weight each tire size is suppose to support and how many psi it takes to support a certain weight.

I guess as long as its not over inflated according to the tire makers specs.

I run the same drop with 205 55 16s - Nittos- very slight rub in hard corners, Falkens no rub ever - Kuhmo no rub - but I have 0 positive offset.
        93 EX Arcadia Coupe, 5spd, f22a6, strut bars, 2"drop, baer brakes, ingalls camber kit, tokicos w/ eibach, K&N, 205s / 16s

Comment

Originally posted by 9threeEX

I guess as long as its not over inflated according to the tire makers specs.

I run the same drop with 205 55 16s - Nittos- very slight rub in hard corners, Falkens no rub ever - Kuhmo no rub - but I have 0 positive offset.
          You can see how my tires sit in my sig picture, not sure of the offset but they stick out about .25 from the wheel wells.

I'm not even sure I'll drop it anymore.. it seems like a lot of money going into a car that needs other things to survive a few more years. I need to fix the cancer on the rear q-panels, both driver's side doors need to be replaced, both fenders and the hood need to be replaced, it needs paint, a 9293 trunk lid swap would be nice, etc.. Maybe I'll pick up a set of eibach 1.5" lowering springs for the front and call it a day

Sold To: vinbon63, chessboxer, darkfusion42, LowNknoxville, bowzil, 1993hAccord, mcdizzle, 93accordfreak, lilb_1979, rocketman_471, Bad_dude
          [ Completed | Pending ]

Comment

sorry but i wouldnt inflate any passenger tire over 40 psi.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
              sorry but i wouldnt inflate any passenger tire over 40 psi.
              2x most passengers tires aren't rate for more than 42psi. Whoever said 40-50, go read a little and then come back. You're not contributing anything helpful, and overinflating tires is particularly dangerous!

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

I have my 205-55-16 Pirelli P6's at 32psi right now, I usually run them higher but I was short on time so I had a shop to my oil change, they also checked the tires I guess :/

-mak

PS: I won't be buying th 205-45-16's anymore, since I probably won't be dropping my cb7.

[ Completed | Pending ]

Comment

50 psi wtf? make sure i dont drive behind when it rains.

on a 16inch diameter wheel you can safely run a 205-45-16. i have run it on all my accords and they all have superve performance. also depending on the tires you choose as well.

Comment

205/45/16 is the optimum choice.
                    Raceline USA

Comment

i like running a 50 because of the buldge, i love buldges.
                      I <3 G60.

Comment

what exactly is the stock tire size

New & Improved 93 Accord EX Coupe

what makes a man a man?

Originally posted by ric3rboi23
                        disrespect females, acquire currency.

Comment

My 205 60 15s are bigger than 205 50 (much less 45) 16s and mine NEVER rub.

Then again Im on oem alloys, so I wouldnt expect any rubbing. If youre really worried about rubbing get 195s.

According to Majestics catalog, stock tire specs are 185 70 14
                          Last edited by texasvtak; 06-05-2008, 09:00 PM.
                          To-Do List for Today
                          Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by wafflefries
                            My 205 60 15s are bigger than 205 50 (much less 45) 16s and mine NEVER rub.

Then again Im on oem alloys, so I wouldnt expect any rubbing. If youre really worried about rubbing get 195s.

According to Majestics catalog, stock tire specs are 185 70 14
                            not for a 15" alloy.
                            I <3 G60.

Comment

I think the ultimate size is 205 50 16...That is what I will be using once they are installed, the 45 series tire is also a popular choice.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

Working...
                              X