Looking for a good drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a good drop

I hit a speed bump harder than I meant to and it blew my front struts, so I figure rather than replacing them with OEM replacements and dropping it in the future it is a good time to drop now. Currently I have a 15" rim on 195/60 tires. I was wondering what would be a good drop that would still be streetable. I was thinking 1.5"-1.75". What do you guys think? TIA
    Originally posted by 92dm
    I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
    VOUCHES
    Bought from: cb95spd

go 7" drop.

jk I would atleast go a 2" or maybe 3" But me personally I'd go 3". I got some factory struts and springs I you want a replacement for now.
    Honda-mans best friend!
    who said it was a dog?
    PINOY PRIDE
    OHIO CB7's

Comment

i'm 2 1/2 rear 3 front and love it

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

depend on where you live, the road...blah blah.....

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD
          depend on where you live, the road...blah blah.....
          lol x2, what are you looking for? springs, springs/struts etc. i got some eibach springs if youre looking to get replacements.

FS: OEM Fuel Filter, ES Tie Rod Boots, Chrome Bulbs

Comment

Get those Tien s techs or something like that off ebay. It's cheap but still a good brand, if that's all the drop your wanting, 2".
            Honda-mans best friend!
            who said it was a dog?
            PINOY PRIDE
            OHIO CB7's

Comment

Originally posted by JDMchristian991
              i'm 2 1/2 rear 3 front and love it
              x2

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
              Originally posted by deevergote.
              But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

I live in Columbus, Ohio so the roads are far from great, they love the salt here. They also love speed bumps, hence the reason I am in this situation. I know slammed4thgen is setting at around 2.25"-2.5" on 17" rims and scrapes alot. I'm pretty sure I don't want to go that low, plus I plan on adding a lip kit.
                Originally posted by 92dm
                I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
                VOUCHES
                Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

I've got a full Skunk2 set up, struts and lowering springs with 17 inch rims. I've got a 1.75 inch drop in the rear and a 2 in the front. For tires, I've got 205/40/17 and the ride isn't bad at all... Total, I'm into my suspension for around 400 bucks. But I'm planning on getting new bushings, new sway bars, I'd just like to stiffen things up a bit steering wise
                  Last edited by nine_deuce; 05-22-2008, 12:37 AM.

Comment

for a pretty decent drop, i'd look into the Eibach Sportlines. they drop it 1.8" in the front and 1.7" in the back, low enough to look good and high enough to clear those potholes. they are kinda expensive though, unless you find a used set.

the H-Techs or S-Techs wouldn't be bad choices either.
                    Originally posted by deevergote.
                    And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

skunk2 and eibach are good drop heights.

i'm on skunk2 now and 2" drop is nice for lousy roads. i'm in colorado so the weather changes weekly. snow - sun - rain all in a week! roads here crack ~ anways 2" drop from skunk2 or eibachs are good.

however, i heard eibach springs cracked on a friend of mine on a ford focus....

ebay is a friend of mine 260 for shocks, and 150 for springs. don't forget camber kit.

Be Clean

Comment

Working...
                      X