Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Zex or...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nx all the way! from what ive heard zex sucks...solenoids die alot and the fact its rated at the crank right?

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

zex and make sure you have a 255 pump and 2step colder plugs and a fpr

Comment

FPR isn't really necessary, but it helps. A fuel pressure gauge is probably a better idea. Zex is great because that little brain box controls everything. It's almost impossible to damage your car with a 50 shot of Zex as long as it's installed properly. I plan on getting a Zex kit myself one of these days.

Comment

does zex have a direct port system
          U dont work U dont eat
          U dont grind Udont shine
          1st car 90 CB7 lx auto coupe
          present car 90 CB7 ex clutch coupe
          1st motor f22a1 2nd motor f22a4 present motor JDM H22a with m2b4 trans

Comment

ive had a zex kit. ive had a nos kit. ive had an nx kit. its all about preference. my fav. mix and match nos and nx. fuck all that window switch and what not. i run a button, which i hold in my hand. note. there is no need too mix and match anymore. all 3 have had their week points with their systems. whether it be the silenoids, jets, or buttons, theyve all basically fixed their problems. im going with zex next. looks much better. and not sure if its true, but i heard zex designed their system around 4 cylinder imports. my $.02

Comment

Originally posted by dan21
              does zex have a direct port system
              yes

Comment

Originally posted by bresk8r87
                wet or dry?

just change the jets?
                dry hits harder because it leans you out. dangerous
                wet is safer, but doesnt hit as hard.

im going direct port soon. better than both.

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                  nx all the way! from what ive heard zex sucks...solenoids die alot and the fact its rated at the crank right?
                  you are correct. their silenoids are..."WERE" shit. they fixed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vtechno
                    you are correct. their silenoids are..."WERE" shit. they fixed it.
                    good stuff i think im still rollin with nx just because i have been looking at it for so long and what about power rating? is it rated at the crank on zex? i heard nx is at the wheel rating

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

spray is spray.

central florida's go fast formula. write this down.

Option A
                      1. swapp it
                      2. gut it
                      3. spray it.

Option B

1. swapp it
                      2. gut it
                      3. spray it.
                      4. blow it up
                      5. rebuild
                      6. spray it again

difference between a and b

a. you did your research. didnt cheap out. took your time and built it right
                      b. rushed. cheaped out. 0 research.

im one of the few "option a" guys. a lot of my friends run 11's and 12's......but their shit never lasts.

your call. remember option b makes baby jesus cry.

Comment

spray is spray.

central florida's go fast formula. write this down.

Option A
                        1. swapp it
                        2. gut it
                        3. spray it.

Option B

1. swapp it
                        2. gut it
                        3. spray it.
                        4. blow it up
                        5. rebuild
                        6. spray it again

difference between a and b

a. you did your research. didnt cheap out. took your time and built it right
                        b. rushed. cheaped out. 0 research.

im one of the few "option a" guys. a lot of my friends run 11's and 12's......but their shit never lasts.

your call. remember option b makes baby jesus cry.
                        well that kinda beat around the bush but alright! i will be taking my time but i will install the shit as i get it i am in no way looking for insta fast! my car is decent enough to keep me satisfied on the motor.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                          well that kinda beat around the bush but alright! i will be taking my time but i will install the shit as i get it i am in no way looking for insta fast! my car is decent enough to keep me satisfied on the motor.
                          i felt like blabbing, lol. my friends are dying for me too spray my car. im happy with it on the motor also. theyre all just suprised about how quick it is, stock. im the only h22 cb7 in my town.......its nice.

Comment

i felt like blabbing, lol. my friends are dying for me too spray my car. im happy with it on the motor also. theyre all just suprised about how quick it is, stock. im the only h22 cb7 in my town.......its nice.
                            im one of 2 and the other one is my good buddy so...its nice.lol
                            check it out its in the mr

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

I had a dry zex kit on my accord and ran a 75 shot. I liked the kit so much I bought a kit for my Civic but ended up selling it to a friend. A few of my other buddies had the dry kit as well. No problems what so ever. Only issue is refilling the bottle all the time.
                              Carlos
                              My Members Ride Page

Comment

Originally posted by Accord SiR
                                I had a dry zex kit on my accord and ran a 75 shot. I liked the kit so much I bought a kit for my Civic but ended up selling it to a friend. A few of my other buddies had the dry kit as well. No problems what so ever. Only issue is refilling the bottle all the time.
                                in the long run, turbo is cheaper.

Comment

Working...
                                X