Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Throttle response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadow1
    its an auto

but i might try that 1st idea you had tho
    they have lighten torque converters

Comment

Swap to a manual if you really want to know what throttle response is like.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
        Swap to a manual if you really want to know what throttle response is like.
        Not totally true
        You need power to create "response"
        The modified torque converter will give you greater response in the essence of firm engagement.
        Slinging around a 25lb flywheel takes power, any old ricer can rev up a 7lb piece of aluminum.
        Last edited by CB7Man; 02-29-2008, 02:57 AM.
        Your man for wiring solutions!
        CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
        CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Not totally true when you waste a stupid amount of money on an automatic transmission.

The money wasted could have been put towards the engine with a manual trans.

And 5 speeds do have more power over the auto counter parts. Thus, they have more throttle response.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

^ why argue with d112crzy. he 99% always right. lol

Comment

Originally posted by whatever210
              ^ why argue with d112crzy. he 99% always right. lol
              ya, just ask him
              Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
              Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
              Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
              Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
              Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
              Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                Not totally true when you waste a stupid amount of money on an automatic transmission.

The money wasted could have been put towards the engine with a manual trans.

And 5 speeds do have more power over the auto counter parts. Thus, they have more throttle response.

ive yet to see that proved to me. im able to take off faster than my friend in his 5spd and he has more done to his car than mine. i just drop it in 1st. i dont keep it in drive. but ive found my anwser tho. ive tightened the throttle cable. it was a little loose

Comment

Your freind doesn't know how to launch then. A manual should beat an auto off the line. Assuming the hp/tq is similar.

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB
                    Your freind doesn't know how to launch then. A manual should beat an auto off the line. Assuming the hp/tq is similar.

not really. ive beaten integras, some civics and other cb7s off the line and all of them were 5spds. its better to go from D1 thru D4 instead of just putting it D4 and taking off that way. ive stuck with an RSX in 1st and 2nd that way. but as soon as we hit 3rd, he started pulling. thats when i let off

ive experianced better results from doing it that way. i also found that if you shift within your power band, D2 wont be so freakin bad. lol. every person up here who has an auto will agree, D2 is freakin long. but if you shift at the right time, you can keep your power and acceleration up. when i get a chance ill post up a vid.

Comment

Maybe they wern't racing you,lol. Maybe they were just driving regular.

I keed, I keed

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB
                        Maybe they wern't racing you,lol. Maybe they were just driving regular.
                        I keed, I keed

oh funny har har. lmao. naw. i dont do the ricer thing. pull off fast and say i beat or hung with them because i was racing but the other wasnt. lol. with me i know im racing them by the look they give me before the light changes and the pitch of the motor. i turn off my music when im racing at a light. i need to hear BOV or other things. lol

Comment

you can race me and see how my throttle response is lol

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Man
                            Not totally true
                            You need power to create "response"
                            The modified torque converter will give you greater response in the essence of firm engagement.
                            Slinging around a 25lb flywheel takes power, any old ricer can rev up a 7lb piece of aluminum.

I think you meant to say that you need torque to create "response" Power is the final outcome of the turning force (torque) created by the engine.

Added torque can be made buy opening up the exhaust and the intake. A 3" SRI/CAI, larger bore throttle body, intake manifold and a good free flowing exhaust system will help you free up a little bit of tq and give you that throttle response that your looking for.

Lightweight flywheels and under drive pulleys don't really add tq but they definitely help by freeing it up a bit sooner = quicker throttle response.

The tightening throttle cable doesn't really quicken your throttle response. It will give you a quicker foot to throttle response but you engine won't rev up any faster.
                            MR Thread
                            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

^
                              ^

yeah. but i just wanted to get the ability to, how do you say, have less lag when i put the foot to the pedal.

Comment

supercharger.

The New-ish Ride
                                My old Ride
                                Hear my Vtak!!!
                                MK3 Member #3
                                I piss off people for fun.
                                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                                X