Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

pistons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pistons

what are some options for stock honda pistons that i can swap over for just a little highr compression? also does the h23 cranck have a higher lift than f22a and will it swap over?

h23 and f22 crank are one in the same. wesico can custom made a set of slugs for your f22 for around $500.(last i checked)

Comment

Supposedly you can get a set of RSX-S pistons and bore your F22 block out 1mm. The pistons are the same compression height they just have a larger bore by 1mm. If not that then you'll have to go forged aftermarket pistons and spend a lot of money.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

f22 and k20 pistons are not the same compression height. They're kinda similar. 1.203 for the f22 vs 1.181 for the k20.

Define a little more compression. A little can be a couple 1/10th of a point to an extra point or 2 of compression. What bore do you want?

Comment

just 1mm over or so not to big but i do want bigger than stock

Comment

I feel like an idiot. I got the F22 and F23 pistons confused. The F23 and the K20 have the same compression height pistons.

On topic, I kind of had this as an idea a while back and Wed3k is currently going to attempt this but this would be a risky build due to clearances, also make sure it's not your only engine. This setup would NEED to be clayed by a machine shop to double-check clearances. Also, tuning this setup is also required as it would put your compression ratio much higher.

Check out this thread. http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.p...2&page=1&pp=20
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

It needs to be clayed, but why take it to a machine shop to do that?
              H.S.A.E.

90 CRX Si - gutted, caged, Bisi F2d kit, close ratio LSD trans, F22A6 - under construction

99 civic LX - y8 head and trans, lowered, blowing cold AC, and getting 35mpg.

Comment

well i only want around 10:5:1 because i still wonna run on pump gas if that helps at all

Comment

they do make f22 pistons with higher compression, with a little milling of the head im sure you can acheieve 10 and a half.

.050 milled is already 10:0 with stock pistons

-wed3k
                  -:¦:-
                  Originally posted by wed3k
                  i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

sweet thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by hatchninja
                      It needs to be clayed, but why take it to a machine shop to do that?
                      Because it doesn't sound like he has any experience anyways. Which doesn't say anything bad about him but I'd just have him go to a machine shop for the moment of truth. He'll have to be there anyways for boring the block. Maybe even for fitting the pistons and rods in the block if he doesn't have or rent a ring compressor.

Comment

a stock f22 block is like 85.5mm, can be honed to 86mm...

we use the Sunnen CK10 and probably a 123 grit type of stone then to 518 and then 623.

stock f22 is 85mm, max 86mm is advisable before problems occur
                        Last edited by HondaFan81; 09-06-2007, 06:29 PM.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i was wanting to hone it but would i have to get bigger pistons? or just diffrent rings?

i was thinking lightend rods and crank deck the block to .050 for higher compression and keeping stock pistons.

Comment

Can you mill the head that much? Is there a drawback to this that i dont know about? because 9.5 or 10-1 with a 272 regrind would pretty fun until i get the cash together for a proper H22 swap.

Comment

a brand new head should have more than .050 on the wear pads.

hone = bigger pistons (then the pistons come with rings)

for stock pistons, milling that much may be okay, i have never clayed a F22 block with that amount milled off. With a dome type pistons it may not clear. also need to worry about the cam and how much lift.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X